The Walking Dead (for those that read the comics) *caution spoilers*

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Here's a thread for those that have read (or are reading) the comics to discuss both the show and comic, without spoiling things for those that don't.

I read 4 more issues last night and things are getting interesting. I think I'm on issue 71 and they just got to Alexandria. I actually enjoy reading the comics and being ahead of the show because I'm always curious how the show is going to handle the situation that happened in the comic. The show seems to move along slower than the comics a lot of times so I'm not sure when the Hunters will come in. I'm assuming they will end this season with them and start the next season with the new town they go to.

I found the easiest one to read from, and the clearest on the eyes, are from this guy who puts them up, it seems now, that even if its on line, it don't hurt comic sales, because they have become a collectors item.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai9...ew-vl&list=PLhDTF3-l-9ZRWPMR80m_JB_k0P6Fp4z1B

After a few issues, you begin to notice the drawings start to get better, and better, Rick's face is drawn much better, the TV series is about somewhere near issue #50-#53 something are dead on in the comics, but very rare, most of the time it's very difference remember Sophia is still alive in the comics, and Andrea is too, and they never made her kiss up to the Governor so guys its not a spoiler to the TV series you can equally enjoy both.

But there is a warning once you have read 6 issues your hooked

It's hard to stop reading them that's for sure. I watch the exact YouTube videos you posted. They are great and are timed out perfect for my speed of reading, which is kinda slow. I love the fact too that the video zooms in on smaller print for you to make it easier to read. It also has some background music which can add to it but I just keep it off.

I think every Walking Dead fan would be doing themselves a favor if they started reading them. I actually have a couple volumes of the actual comic and even though I read on the iPad I'd still enjoy having the physical comics and would like to collect them all.

What funny is that the comics paint such a vivid picture in my mind that I struggle telling it apart from the show. The episode when Carl and Rick were on their own in the house and Rick was unconscious, I kept saying to my wife "I know I've seen this before." It took me a while to realize it was almost identical to the comic. I just had a harder time believing it because the Carl in the comic seems so much younger and incapable of doing the things he's done.

I finished the comics last week,now I can't wait for the next volume!Negan and Lucille are as evil as they come,almost makes the governor look like a saint.

I finished the comics last week,now I can't wait for the next volume!Negan and Lucille are as evil as they come,almost makes the governor look like a saint.

I've heard that and I'm excited to get to that point. Hard to believe they have a villain worse than the Governor.

WELL to show how the comics got better over time, here is a pic of Rick before and after, the after was done in 2008, the before wa i think around 2004

RICK.pngRICK IN ISSUE 63.png

I have not read the comics, but I am tempted to do so. One part of my mind tells me that the TV side of things will go with ratings, while the other side say the die is cast by the comics...

The die is not cast by the comics, Sopha is still alive, and so is Andrea, Herschel does not get his head cut off, two different storylines, if you think it will spoil your video just ask the guys who have read it, i have tried to use the comics to predict the video, and nope the only time it came close was when Carl acted like he didn't need his dad no more. But that was the only time i have read all 121 issues and so far its been the only one that helped, but no big can of chocolate pudding, and he didn't lose his shoe

It is good to hear that it is two separate story lines, perhaps I will get around to reading the comics someday!

I highly recommend them,and I'm not a comic book fan.It compels you to keep reading to see how it ends,or how the next chapter begins.

I just discovered when the term walkers is used in the comics; issue 70, never before. I have been rereading the comics, and found i went through to fast the first time, and missed a lot.

Yes its hard to believe but things always seem to get worse, how Kirtman can do that amazes me, there have been times i was biting my nails on flipping the page, when he attacks poor

Carl, with more than i thought was fair to a kid. Yes the governor was evil, but the next guy is even way worse. and were still dealing with him, i expect to lose another key member of

Rick's group, i sure hope not

I'm, re-reading the comics, and i see where the writers got the idea about Carl losing a shoe to a walker, but it was not Carl who lost the shoe, the way the writers use the comics, is like my brain when i dream, you grab this part and stick it in there somehow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)