The Walking Dead on AMC

'Walking Dead' S6 Premiere Recap https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/news/walking-dead-s6-premiere-recap-024528715.html
It was go time on Sunday night's "The Walking Dead" Season 6 premiere, as Rick's group and the Alexandrians had to band together to face the biggest herd in series history.The episode played out like an on/off switch, setting some scenes in black and white and others in color. The black and white moments were set Before Herd, or B.H. as we might as well refer to them in this premiere recap, covering the time when the majority of Alexandrians were still largely in the dark about the dangers in the world outside of their steel fences. Those B.H. black and white scenes started with the show's direct pickup at the end of the Season 5 finale, and followed the group as they finally figured out the reason Alexandria had remained safe for so long -- a herd the size of a football stadium crowd trapped inside a quarry. Knowing how dire the situation was, and how the growing pack would eventually get through the makeshift barricade keeping them in, Rick called upon everyone, including the scared Alexandrians, to act.The scenes in color were set in the present as the group faced what we'll call Herd Time, or H.T., as they attempted to carry out Rick's plan together.

Can someone explain to me why one wouldn't throw bomb after bomb into the pit attracting and killing all the zombies rather than this REDICULOUS parade where you KNEW what was going to happen?

Rick addressed why they couldn't kill them all in place at the town hall meeting. For one, the barriers could go at any minute, unleashing the entire hoard, which is what happened. And they didn't want to continue to draw more zombies to the area, especially once that quarry was no longer an effective trap. I'm not saying what they did was the smartest choice (obviously not), but the options were addressed.

My only real nit-pick is at the tractor store, Glen & Co used guns to take out the zombies, the zombies they were worried about making too much noise and attracting the attention of the "parade," which as we saw was easily drawn by a distant horn.

Because they have no bombs is the first thing that comes to mind.
And we know this because.....? :)
I know it's for dramatic effect, but re-enforcing the current barriers, keeping them contained and dispatching them in place is the only real solution. I even wondered why they didn't pick the far ramp where there was room for a double wall that would allow the front line to have something like a revolving, locking door hat would allow only one out at a time so they could be dispatched withing the safety zone at their leisure. Releasing containment was the most idiotic thing they could have done. I know it was a dramatic vehicle for the upcoming episodes, but for such smart people with heightened survival skills, they were sure taking a gigantic chance!

It's ridiculous, by the way, not rediculous. Can't help pointing that out since your signature is what it is.... :p
I deserve that. :)

Reactions: Hall
1470846616373535013.jpg

And we know this because.....? :)
I know it's for dramatic effect, but re-enforcing the current barriers, keeping them contained and dispatching them in place is the only real solution. I even wondered why they didn't pick the far ramp where there was room for a double wall that would allow the front line to have something like a revolving, locking door hat would allow only one out at a time so they could be dispatched withing the safety zone at their leisure. Releasing containment was the most idiotic thing they could have done. I know it was a dramatic vehicle for the upcoming episodes, but for such smart people with heightened survival skills, they were sure taking a gigantic chance!

I deserve that. :)

I was thinking why not just blast the wall to form a rock barrier instead of the trucks? If the walkers could not get around 2 semi trucks, how would they get through a giant pile of rubble...

Reactions: TNGTony
Is 'The Walking Dead' starting to stagger? https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/walking-dead-starting-stagger-195615678.html
The zombies on "The Walking Dead" may be starting to stagger.An estimated 14.6 million viewers watched the season premiere of the hit AMC series on Sunday, the Nielsen company said. That's down from the 17.3 million who saw last year's season opener and the 16.1 million people who watched in 2013.Last year's season premiere was a viewership record for the series, so this year's numbers may be an indication that the show has peaked in popularity.AMC points out that "The Walking Dead" was up against a Sunday-night football game between San Francisco and the New York Giants that was competitive to the last play. This year's season premiere was 90 minutes long, instead of an hour, and the extra time may have turned off some viewers, AMC said.Last season's full season average was 14.4 million viewers on the night of an episode's first showing, up to 20 million when time-delayed viewership was figured in. Time-delayed numbers for this week aren't immediately available. Among the 18-to-49-year-old viewers that AMC most actively seeks, Sunday's telecast had 9.42 million viewers, down from 11 million in 2014.

Last edited:
Reactions: KAB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)