The Walking Dead on AMC

I think a show like this has enough substance to live on without Glen. I still trying to understand why Gabriel is still alive. Maybe that is the secret. Stay low and you will live.
Now there is a character (Gabriel) that I wouldn't mind seeing fall off a dumpester into a horde of zombies.......:biggrin

I think a show like this has enough substance to live on without Glen. I still trying to understand why Gabriel is still alive. Maybe that is the secret. Stay low and you will live.

I don't think anyone here is trying to say the show won't continue to thrive without Glen. He's just a fan favorite and a lot of us would rather not see him go.

"I don't understand why they do this. It makes no sense that this didn't happen. Why won't they tell us this? I'm about done with this show."

Six seasons on, still watching though!
Same here thinking same thing!! :)

I still bet Glen is not dead. I don't see this show wasting a major character death on the tail end of the show with no finish. They are using this to stretch out the show and make their ratings go up. Come next week IF they actually return to where we left off 2 weeks ago, we will finally see if the two different theories are correct or not.

1)Nicholas fell on top of Glen and Nicholas was pulled apart and Glen witnessed it in total terror - like he did the black guy stuck in the revolving door and his head was pulled apart and Glen couldn't escape it. Glen covered in Nicholas's Blood and guts is now masked to the zombies and he scurries under the dumpster to hide till the herd is distracted off of him by Darryl passing by on his motorcyle.

2) This is all a hallucination of Nicholas who had no bullets to shoot himself ,because we heard the click click of his empty gun before they got on the dumpster. After the hallucination ends we find both Nicholas and Glen back on the dumpster and then Darryl passes by and distract the herd from killing them, till later.

I'm not saying that Glen won't end up dead eventually ,but this is not the time yet. Besides the character of Glen in the comic books ,is still alive for a major storyline that this show is leading up to. This whole storyline is a teaser to generate interest and ratings.

I'm not a fan of the slow moving, character development episodes. I thoughts most of them in the past were a terrible waste of time.

This was not one of those. This episode was not action packed but I thought it was very well done. I honestly forgot about Glenn until the end of the episode because I was so caught up in it. This is shaping up to be my favorite season. I haven't been let down yet.

I didn't even think it felt like an hour and a a half since I was entertained the whole episode. I honestly feel that every episode should be 90 minutes.

Was it 1-1/2 hours ? Sure wasn't when you start watching 30-minutes after the start using the DVR ;) It didn't seem longer than a regular episode anyway.

I read that an upcoming episode was going to be that long but thought it was a later one (like # 5 or # 6).

I honestly did not even realize it was an hour and a half till someone here said it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to clarify my last post. I did not say the episode was bad. I said it was disappointing. There is a difference. I like having a little back story on characters. I don't like episodes where the only thing that happens is fighting with no character development. But on this episode I was looking for some story resolution from last week's cliff-hangers as well and new stories. This episode was 90 minutes of non-stop jabber to fill out one character's background in the middle of other (more likeable) character's crises without even addressing them. I guess the issue I have is how the episodes were ordered, or that they could have intercut the sub-plots better.

Reactions: mike123abc
It's November Sweeps month. What better way to create suspense , talk on social media and create ratings by stretching out shows with a lot of filler shows in between. Makes everybody talk more and makes everyone tune in to the next show to see if it gets back to the Glen & Nick outcome. That is why they do that. Same thing that soaps do . They create a lot of drama during Sweeps month to get those ratings up.

I have to agree with Tony on this one... 90 minutes of backstory after essentially 2 cliff hangers (Glen and Rick)... Well we got thrown a bone at the end with Rick's voice yelling to open the gate, so we know he manages to handle the RV not starting situation with the hoard arriving... We still do not know anything about Glen. The Morgan story could have taken less time to tell and still conveyed all the information...

Reactions: MikeD-C05
RUMOR: "WALKING DEAD" CASTS "JUSTIFIED'S" GARRET DILLAHUNT AS NEGAN http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...ad-casts-justifieds-garret-dillahunt-as-negan
Even before AMC's "The Walking Dead" began its sixth season, fans were speculating that popular villain Negan would play a part in this specific batch of episodes. The series does take substantial detours from the course laid out by the source material, but it is approaching roughly where Negan was introduced in the comics. Now, a number of Twitter hints indicate that the role of the baseball bat wielding Negan has been cast, and Garret Dillahunt ("Justified," "Deadwood") has won the role.This news has yet to be confirmed by Dillahunt or AMC, but there are possible clues to be found on Twitter, as reported by Uproxx. First, the actor tweeted a picture of his current reading material -- the volume of "Walking Dead" that introduces Negan.

Mega Buzz: When Will The Walking Dead Reveal Glenn's Fate? https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/mega-buzz-walking-dead-reveal-glenns-fate-000003388.html
Walking Deadfans are as hungry as zombies for the answer to one question: Is Glenn still alive?Although actor Steven Yeun's name disappeared from the opening credits, the character's fate has not been directly addressed on-screen, as the most recent episode was a Morgan-centric episode told mostly in flashback. But never fear: Sunday's episode does deal with Glenn's mortal status... sort of.Catch up on all this week's Mega Buzz!Although you won't see any physical proof of Glenn's demise (or survival), the episode traffics heavily in the emotional fallout. In other words, Glenn's wife Maggie (Lauren Cohan) and the other survivors make their own assumptions about what Glenn's prolonged absence from Alexandria must mean.

'Walking Dead': Eight Ways Glenn Could Still Be Alive — and One Theory Debunked https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/walking-dead-eight-ways-glenn-could-still-alive-190000026.html
[Warning: This story contains spoilers from The Walking Dead comic book series that the AMC drama is based on.]Is Glenn still alive? That's the biggest question on the minds of Walking Dead fans as the zombie drama heads toward its midseason finale.While showrunner Scott M. Gimple told The Hollywood Reporter that Glenn's fate would be revealed in the first half of season six, last week's episode focused largely on filling in the gaps of Morgan's backstory and did not revisit Glenn's now-famous dumpster scene (watch it again, below).This week finds the focus back on Alexandria after the Wolves' attack, and it's unclear if the AMC drama will reveal just what happened to the former pizza delivery guy who was last seen surrounded by walkers in a seemingly inescapable situation.

NORMAN REEDUS SAYS "THE WALKING DEAD" WILL "RIP YOUR GUTS OUT" http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...ources/tVdx+(DeadLife+-+Comic+Book+Resources)
In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, "The Walking Dead" star Norman Reedus weighed in on Glenn's (Steven Yeun) fate and advised fans to keep a close eye on the show, as the smaller details are building towards something big."I was in that episode and I watched that episode and I was like how could they do that! I had the same feeling, trust me. That's our show. That's what we do. We rip your guts out -- literally," he shared."It's really entered a mature level of storytelling this time," he continued. "Little tiny things mean so much later. You really have to pay attention to everything. The acting is so on point, the directing is so on point. I feel like [showrunner] Scott [Gimple] is really leading the team to the Super Bowl."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts