The Walking Dead on AMC

I just re-watched parts of the episode... Beth didn't get the baby, that's for sure. My wife pointed something out right away though: The straps for the car seat were undone. Someone took her out... No question.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I just re-watched parts of the episode... Beth didn't get the baby, that's for sure. My wife pointed something out right away though: The straps for the car seat were undone. Someone took her out... No question.

Up until the last few episodes Sarah Wayne Callies name has been in the main credits.Yet we haven't seen her in flashbacks,or in Rick's imagination.My daughter speculates that she is still alive.I disagree,but there is the outside chance Carl didn't shoot her.So in theory she could be alive,and she could have taken the baby.

One of the zombies walking up to the prison looked a bit like her plus they focused on her for quite a bit. I asked my wife if it was her but she pointed out that the clothes weren't what she was wearing when she died. Oops, I'm presuming "Sarah" is Lori, yes?

Thinking about the 8 episodes of this season, I can't say I have been very impressed. They have killed off stars so frequently that there doesn't seem to be anything exciting about that anymore -- oh, it sucked to see the moral center of the show go. But it wasn't a "holy crap" moment the way it was with prior deaths, like Lori's.

And those 2 Governor-centric episodes really did not impress me. I am glad he is gone; and I am glad they are moving on from the prison. Hopefully the show will pick up in the spring. In the meantime I think I'll go back to the comics.

For the most part I found this season kind of boring at times. The mid season finale was a great episode , but you shouldn't have to wait till the mid season finale or the regular season finale to get a couple of good episodes . I hope when they pick it back up that they have moved on far away and we can see them interact with some scientist or government people that know what caused the zombie virus , if there is any place on the world safe, etc. I would love to find out some details about more than the small group at the now zombie infested prison.

'The Walking Dead' finale ratings up again: Where's the peak?

Source

"Sorry haters, AMC’s The Walking Dead still hasn’t peaked in the ratings: After posting huge ratings gains year after year, Sunday’s midseason finale for TV’s top-rated scripted series once again showed a performance climb for a pivotal episode.

The zombie drama has risen for every premiere and finale compared to the previous year’s episode, season after season. Sunday’s winter closer maintained that trend: 12.1 million viewers, up 15 percent from last year’s December finale. So far this season is averaging 13 million viewers, up 29 percent from the first half of season three, with a 6.1 rating among adults 18-49. Post-show The Talking Dead had a record 6 million viewers. Though some noted the show’s ratings dipped for The Governor’s second episode last week, and tried to extract meaning from that, an audience decline for an episode that airs during a holiday week is pretty typical."

Full Story

One of the zombies walking up to the prison looked a bit like her plus they focused on her for quite a bit. I asked my wife if it was her but she pointed out that the clothes weren't what she was wearing when she died. Oops, I'm presuming "Sarah" is Lori, yes?

That zombie was the woman Rick found in the woods a bunch of episodes back that had her husbands zombie head in a bag, and she was camping out with him.

After the baby scene, my GF walked out of the room in disgust.

What is it with this show and killing off great characters? First Glen, now Hershel. Why can't it be Carl or Glenn?
Sorry to see the Governor go....great villain. Yet only in three episodes?

Sorry to see the Governor go....great villain. Yet only in three episodes?
They had a few options:

1) Rick's group and the governor's group "live together in perfect harmony" in the prison
2) Rick's group remains in the prison while the governor's group tries to take it (how long could they drag that out ?)
3) Kill off either Rick or the Governor

I would have made a deal with the devil and went for A myself. Live in "harmony"..knowing Michone wants to kill the governor, who in turn wants the entire prison for himself. disputes over food, resources, control, plus tensions rising and escalating violence leads to a good ol' fashion prison yard brawl surrounded by thousands of walkers on the outside of the fence.

Point is, great villains are hard to come by and I dont think any new antagonist can out do David Morissey's performance

I would have made a deal with the devil and went for A myself.
That wasn't an option with the governor though. Rick offered it.
...leads to a good ol' fashion prison yard brawl surrounded by thousands of walkers on the outside of the fence.
So, you mean, just drag out multiple episodes (or seasons) just to have what they had last episode ? :p
Point is, great villains are hard to come by and I dont think any new antagonist can out do David Morissey's performance
I can't keep track of the seasons, but there was no villian up until Woodbury. How many seasons was that, three ?

Prior to Woodbury, the "villain" was pretty much the walkers. Just conflict, i.e. Rick and Shane; Maybe a little conflict with Herschel early on, but he was never a villain, just a guy running a zombie storage facility. :)

I haven't read far enough into the comic books to know if there is another BIG villain like the governor.

What I never understood is why they don't all use the zombie camouflage tactic all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

What I never understood is why they don't all use the zombie camouflage tactic all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If it were me, I'd haul butt to the coast and secure a nuclear powered ship (aircraft carrier).
Nuclear power = electricity = hot showers and, needless to say, its a safe environment.

Cheers, K

While I did enjoy the developments of the mid-season finale episode overall, it was typical of many other episodes this season where too many situations really stretched believability (like how the walkers fell through the roof of the store in the first episode):
1) If the Governor was really trying to protect Meghan and Lily, he would've barricaded them in the camper or an abandoned building or left her sister behind as well for protection. There's no way Meghan should have been left so far away from mom. At the very least, she should've been on top of the camper with her.
2) It was a bit far fetched that the Governor could rally those people so quickly to become killers. Even if they accompanied him to threaten the prison, thinking it would end without bloodshed, there's no way they storm the prison like they did once bullets started flying. Just like his Woodbury group did at the end of season 3, and like Lily's sister did in this episode, most would've retreated to safety when people started dying.
3) So bullets can pass through Bob in this episode but not through Darryl's rotting zombie-corpse shield?
4) Two small girls who probably never handled a firearm before, fire two perfect headshots (between the eyes no less) the first time they pull the trigger on one? The surprise of the kickback alone would've been enough to cause them to miss. Don't get me wrong it was a great moment. I even stood up in my living room and cheered. But come on...
5) At long last, Michonne puts her katana through the Governor, whom she spent months on the road searching for, only to leave him alive? They should've at least had her suddenly get surrounded by zombies or shot at, forcing her to abandon the final blow. Otherwise, it just doesn't make any sense.

Miracal Workers: Oregon Trail

2021-2022 Fall Network Lineup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)