The Walking Dead on AMC

I think it's a pretty common practice with TV shows. Have a few boring episodes to lay out a story line then have a pretty good episode to get everyone excited then a few more boring episodes that lead up to the finale that is so awesome that everyone can't wait for the next season.

Yeah , so you get a great premiere episode and a mid finale episode and the finale episode all great shows , and the rest is boring filler shows. And people make fun of soap operas? Same concept except with Soaps , you get a good Friday episode followed by a reveal episode on Mondays and the rest is filler.

Yeah , so you get a great premiere episode and a mid finale episode and the finale episode all great shows , and the rest is boring filler shows. And people make fun of soap operas? Same concept except with Soaps , you get a good Friday episode followed by a reveal episode on Mondays and the rest is filler.

And such has been the case since the invention of the television drama series. Some people even refer to TV dramas as nighttime soaps.

As far as budget constraints, during season 2 of Game of Thrones, they basically spent the majority of their effects budget on the penultimate episode--the battle of Blackwater Bay.

Then how is it a show such as Breaking Bad,which didn't really have mind numbing special effects,continue to keep a good beginning,middle,and end,without so much filler?Sure there were a few slower than usual episodes,but very few imo.

A different kind of show? I haven't watched Breaking Bad, although I want to.

I don't know what you and others thought was boring about last week's episode. I liked it because it was filled with tension. If you want to see herds of Zombies in a big fight, that is the sort of thing that costs money for effects.

I thought with Breaking Bad the story had a pre-defined end, obviously related to Walter's cancer.

No spoilers please. I just started watching the final episodes on Netflix.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

A different kind of show? I haven't watched Breaking Bad, although I want to.

I don't know what you and others thought was boring about last week's episode. I liked it because it was filled with tension. If you want to see herds of Zombies in a big fight, that is the sort of thing that costs money for effects.

I don't need lots of action but I do want to know about the characters and where they're at. The tension was pretty good at the house but it seemed to take up a lot of the episode. Give me more about the characters in the show, since that's what makes this series so great.

I don't need lots of action but I do want to know about the characters and where they're at. The tension was pretty good at the house but it seemed to take up a lot of the episode. Give me more about the characters in the show, since that's what makes this series so great.

Exactly.That's my point about a show like Breaking Bad,an episode can be slow,and still be really good.True Detective is another example.

Hall,I'm not certain that Breaking Bad was predetermined from the beginning.I'd have to google that to be sure.

Exactly.That's my point about a show like Breaking Bad,an episode can be slow,and still be really good.True Detective is another example.

Hall,I'm not certain that Breaking Bad was predetermined from the beginning.I'd have to google that to be sure.

Any of you Walking Dead fans watch the series Falling Skies?

Any of you Walking Dead fans watch the series Falling Skies?

Yes, another one I have enjoyed. I did like it better when it was just the humans doing the resistance though. Once the other aliens joined in, it is like we took a back seat.

Maybe that will change this upcoming season.

I don't watch a TV series about people surviving a zombie apocalypse on the AMC channel because I expect great action or even suspense every week. I'm looking for good drama, character development, thought-provoking storylines, with a few twists and surprises. I think part of the problem now is the writers and producers are trying to appeal to the growing base of fans who are looking for more excitement. Hence the show seems to be developing a split personality, trying to do too much and in the process not excelling at any of them. It's still a great show, but unevenness is definitely setting in.

I don't watch a TV series about people surviving a zombie apocalypse on the AMC channel because I expect great action or even suspense every week. I'm looking for good drama, character development, thought-provoking storylines, with a few twists and surprises. I think part of the problem now is the writers and producers are trying to appeal to the growing base of fans who are looking for more excitement. Hence the show seems to be developing a split personality, trying to do too much and in the process not excelling at any of them. It's still a great show, but unevenness is definitely setting in.

I think you may have a point here. This show hasn't been all about action but lately it seems a bit lacking. It just seems to drag out too much. I don't need the episode to focus on on thing the entire time, there are just too many things going and too many characters we care about. I don't need 20 minutes of Rick in a house by himself and stuck under a bed. That scene could have been half the time.

WILL now we got the walking human brain, and anything could happen, if rick or abe ask him, he could invent a self killing walker machine, a simple hole in the fence, with a huge hole in front, and let the walkers come through it,

and a blade driven by a motor, which makes noise to attract them, and cuts them up and they fall in the pit, or he shows them how to build a better wall, or makes new bullets for them. But he will change a lot

1393212141554.cached.jpg

Miracal Workers: Oregon Trail

2021-2022 Fall Network Lineup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts