The Walking Dead on AMC

I seriously hope this show does not go into alien territory. I really like the tension and the serious nature of the situation they are in. Aliens would just make it silly.

I seriously hope this show does not go into alien territory. I really like the tension and the serious nature of the situation they are in. Aliens would just make it silly.

I don't think it was an alien. I thought it was more about the process of turning into a zombie that we saw played out, before Shane turned. But it might of been an alien species that hit our planet with a virus that re-animates the dead and turns them into a cannibalistic killing machine. Kills off the entire indigenous population of the planet and then the zombies themselves rot and finally fall apart within a few months. Then the aliens move in and clean up the dead bodies and move in. This is similar to the movie Day of the Dead that I talked about before that was made in 1968 . It was a black and white movie and the premise was the radiation from a probe to Venus, that returned to earth, caused the dead to re-animate and they then killed everything in their path, turning more people into zombies. Of course in that movie the military was able to kill off all the zombies by shooting them in the brain. Either way the same premise of a outside virus or radiation turning the dead into zombies ,regardless of how they die. Just like Shane , who was stabbed to death, then turned into a zombie.

I get what you are saying and I agree that is what we saw on the screen. I also think that the show has roots in the George Romero zombie fiction. However, a bunch of ETs showing up will completely ruin it for me. I like that the cause of the outbreak has remained a mystery, and I hope they keep it that way. To me this show is not about finding a cure, it is about dealing with the new reality of life with zombies.

I thought it was interesting that the CDC guy (season 1) had been studying this for a while, and basically did not have a clue.

I know, I know! We can call it: "Plan 9 from outer space"! :D

Here's a trailer:

plan 9 from outer space (trailer) - YouTube

The plot of the film involves extraterrestrial beings who are seeking to stop humans from creating a doomsday weapon that would destroy the universe. In the course of doing so, the aliens implement "Plan 9", a scheme to resurrect Earth's dead as what modern audiences would consider zombies (called "ghouls" in the film itself) to get the planet's attention, causing chaos...

I know, I know! We can call it: "Plan 9 from outer space"! :D

Here's a trailer:

plan 9 from outer space (trailer) - YouTube

The plot of the film involves extraterrestrial beings who are seeking to stop humans from creating a doomsday weapon that would destroy the universe. In the course of doing so, the aliens implement "Plan 9", a scheme to resurrect Earth's dead as what modern audiences would consider zombies (called "ghouls" in the film itself) to get the planet's attention, causing chaos...

So the Walking Dead is nothing more than a Plan 9 redo.

Good lord man does anybody know how to google or use Wikipedia? It's been said before in this thread that this show is based on a book series. There is no extraterrestrial element to this show whatsoever. Period. Nor is it a plan 9 or redo. The creator of the series has explicitly stated more than once that the cause of the virus will never be told. The story is not about what created the zombies, it's about how people react in a apocylyptic society. It's about the characters not the zombies.

Good lord man does anybody know how to google or use Wikipedia? It's been said before in this thread that this show is based on a book series. There is no extraterrestrial element to this show whatsoever. Period. Nor is it a plan 9 or redo. The creator of the series has explicitly stated more than once that the cause of the virus will never be told. The story is not about what created the zombies, it's about how people react in a apocylyptic society. It's about the characters not the zombies.

Not that I believe everything on wikipedia but I still agree with you.

but,what if they strayed away from the comics?

If the series is nothing more than the small group , and getting smaller every week, of survivors dealing with the zombies with no real answers to what caused the zombie virus, then it will be a real disappointment to me. I would like to see the series stray from the original comic series and take it in another direction. If it remains just about the characters dealing with their inter personal problems , then it is nothing more than a soap opera with a gruesome zombies zombies thrown into the mix. If it stays like that , I won't be tuning in much longer.

Did you think I was being serious with my "Plan 9" reference? If so, you are taking this WAY too serious!

Kinda funny how it seems to fit though, so..... :popcorn

If the series is nothing more than the small group , and getting smaller every week, of survivors dealing with the zombies with no real answers to what caused the zombie virus, then it will be a real disappointment to me. I would like to see the series stray from the original comic series and take it in another direction. If it remains just about the characters dealing with their inter personal problems , then it is nothing more than a soap opera with a gruesome zombies zombies thrown into the mix. If it stays like that , I won't be tuning in much longer.

amen :)

i found some stuff that is gonna happen next season. i think it will be even better next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)