The Walking Dead on AMC

Am not really enjoying this season as much as the previous. The first 2 seasons it was about the group of survivers. Season 4, each episode seems to focus on the story of 1 character. Plus the writing is getting stale, boring and predictable.

:behindsofa:

Am not really enjoying this season as much as the previous. The first 2 seasons it was about the group of survivers. Season 4, each episode seems to focus on the story of 1 character. Plus the writing is getting stale, boring and predictable.

:behindsofa:

One of the issues of more episodes in a season - you have to fill the hours with something. Season 1 was 6 episodes and Season 2 was 13. Now up to 16 episodes. The sad part is that we will probably end up with 6 really good episodes a season and the rest will be filler...

One of the issues of more episodes in a season - you have to fill the hours with something. Season 1 was 6 episodes and Season 2 was 13. Now up to 16 episodes. The sad part is that we will probably end up with 6 really good episodes a season and the rest will be filler...

So how is it that shows used to run 22-25 episodes and still be solid shows?These days more than 10 episodes we consider it filler.Either way I prefer 16 episodes of TWD to any other show currently on.

So how is it that shows used to run 22-25 episodes and still be solid shows?These days more than 10 episodes we consider it filler.Either way I prefer 16 episodes of TWD to any other show currently on.

I do not really consider it filler, just back stories. I just do not see a fight for their lives every episode (like the first season) for 16 episodes a season being a sustainable story.

I like the show but I agree it is getting boring and predictable ,but then again ,this is a show about the end of the world. What else would they be doing but trying to survive anyway they could. I don't really see where they can take this story if they don't follow the comic books. I don't read them , mind you, but I am sure they move a little faster , and with some direction more than the show is doing. But George Romero ( DAY of the DEAD creater) has decided that this show is nothing more than a soap opera with a few zombies thrown in for good measure. I am afraid that he may be right.

They don't necessarily have the "biter flu", just some other contagious flu. In fact, they alluded to it being some sort of swine flu.

Let me clarify that: Yes, they have the biter flu ("everyone is infected with it"), but it's not what's affecting them at the moment.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It was a bit of a stretch to have a new swine flu, but it was a good plot device. It takes a lot more than having a few pigs in a pen to have the flu do a species jump...

Not to mention the two people(Rick and Carl) who seem to have the most contact with the swine are not infected...yet?

Not everyone catches the flu. The could simply have carried the virus on their hands and exposed others. I see them splashing around in the water to wash their faces off and such, but I do not see regular hand washing with soap... The kid in the shower may have been patient zero. His immune system could have been weaker and the flu was able to cross species into him and adapt.

The kid in the shower may have been patient zero. His immune system could have been weaker and the flu was able to cross species into him and adapt.

The kid in the shower was probably the one baiting the walkers with rats so he could take a poke at a WILF through the fence, if you know what I mean. (Lol) Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing what's happening back at the prison this week.

Exactly... Look at Herschel - he's in very contact with all of those sick people and is fine.

Does EVERYONE catch the flu every flu season ?

Herschel is probably the one least likely to catch the flu. He has probably been exposed over his lifetime to many different flu variations and has an immune system build up. He is also not old enough yet for the immune system to start to weaken. Kids get sick all the time because they have not been exposed and their immune systems have not learned. The Spanish flu in 1918 killed the young. Older people could have had partial immunity by being exposed to so many previous variations that their immune system did not overreact like the younger generations did.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)