The Walking Dead on AMC

I doubt we will see anything interesting till the 3rd episode or the finale. That is all we get anymore in the way of advancing the story other than the following episodes : season premiere , the mid season finale and the season finale. The rest is all filler that does nothing to tell the story , just boring filler.

The thing is that it does not have to be. Last season there was constant intrigue between the prison and Woodbury, yes they were filler episodes too, but were much more interesting.

The thing is that it does not have to be. Last season there was constant intrigue between the prison and Woodbury, yes they were filler episodes too, but were much more interesting.

Agreed. This show has incredible potential. And plenty to work off from the comic books. BUT why why why waste so much of this year?

I disagree. Had it stayed like last season I would likely not be watching now.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

Never thought I would enjoy an episode of Once Upon a Time more than the same night's episode of The Walking Dead. As much as I welcome a return to the drama element that made the first two seasons so great, I'm still not feeling this. It's jumping around too much to the different character groups while leaving us hanging on the others. For example, just when I was getting interested in Glenn and the new Abraham group, I've now gone two full episodes without any real updates on them. What about Rick and Michonne? Tyrese and Carol? Why do I have to wait an indefinite amount of episodes to find out if Tyrese learns that Carol claimed responsibility for killing Karen? Sure Daryl is cool and Beth is cute, but I don't need two back-to-back episodes of them "playing house." And people complained about the filler episodes on Hershel's farm. At least there was some real tension and drama most of the time with the power squabbles and Shane's transformation.

I dont think its stupid people. I mean after all we all are watching it despite saying it sucks. Are we stupid? Or are we just clinging on that little bit of hope that maybe things turn around.

Yep, stupid people...and I'm one of them. In all fairness, I think we've been such big fans of the show that we're all hoping things will improve...sooner, rather than later. Of course, one more snoozefest and I'll find something else to watch since there are several other really good shows competing with TWD. All I know is that I find myself fast-forwarding through several parts, which NEVER happened in the past. Gimple took two insightful, meaningful episodes and dragged them out into six or seven plodding episodes that added nothing but viewer frustration.

The other factor in the reasoning behind the ratings staying high is that not everyone agrees that the show sucks. If that was the general consensus the ratings would be plummeting. That definitely seems to be the consensus on this website. I still think the show is much better than most other TV. I have just tried not to be as active in this thread anymore because I don't want to keep arguing with the vast majority of people saying it's boring. We all have our opinions and I'm not going to change yours any more than you are going to change mine so there is no point.

I find it funny that more than one person judging the show harshly has admitted that they fast forward through several parts of the show. How do you know you aren't missing stuff that would make these episodes better if you aren't even watching chunks of it?

I still enjoy the show...That makes me stupid???? I think the staggering on the story line is the trouble for alot of people. Even with the staggered story, it's better than 90% of what's out there. Call me stupid, well I blame a short attention span.

I find it funny that more than one person judging the show harshly has admitted that they fast forward through several parts of the show. How do you know you aren't missing stuff that would make these episodes better if you aren't even watching chunks of it?

How does Beth (Emily Kinney) playing the piano and singing contribute to the show?Imo it was nothing more than an opportunity to pimp her cd.Yes she has a cd.I had to skip that part.

How does Beth (Emily Kinney) playing the piano and singing contribute to the show?Imo it was nothing more than an opportunity to pimp her cd.Yes she has a cd.I had to skip that part.

I won't try to argue the reasoning for that. In general I don't think it's a good idea to fast forward through a highly serialized drama though.

I won't try to argue the reasoning for that. In general I don't think it's a good idea to fast forward through a highly serialized drama though.

I agree,that music was just so irritating and out of place I couldn't stand it.

I agree. They could have focused on her kidnapping and subsequently being forced to hum for her supper, if you know what I mean. Now that's what I call compelling zombie apocalypse programming. If I had Gimple's job, do you know what kind of vehicle her kidnapper would be driving? A Hummer! ;)

Also, how awesome would it have been for that Gaggle of Roughnecks to go Deliverance on Darryl? Sorry, but Gimple is playing it way to safe.

All kidding aside, one more crapfest and I'm placing this show on probation (time-shifting my viewing days later). Some may argue that Gimple is employing a Hitchcock tactic...except Gimple is no Master of Suspense - more like the Sultan of Sleep. :)

While I'm not finding the current direction of the show to be as good as in prior seasons, and even finding a so-so show (Once Upon a Time) to be doing a better job of keeping me interested right now, I agree with king3pj that TWD is still a better show than many others out there. I've recently dropped "Bitten" because I just didn't care about the characters and what's happening to them, and I'm very close to dropping Lost Girl, in its 4th season, for similar reasons. On the other hand, I do still very much care about TWD characters and what happens to them. I don't think there is any way I would stop watching TWD before the end of the season or not start the next season regardless of what happens from here on out. But then again, I did stick it out through all the boring Neverland stuff in Once Upon a Time.

I agree. They could have focused on her kidnapping and subsequently being forced to hum for her supper, if you know what I mean. Now that's what I call compelling zombie apocalypse programming. If I had Gimple's job, do you know what kind of vehicle her kidnapper would be driving? A Hummer! ;)

Also, how awesome would it have been for that Gaggle of Roughnecks to go Deliverance on Darryl? Sorry, but Gimple is playing it way to safe.

All kidding aside, one more crapfest and I'm placing this show on probation (time-shifting my viewing days later). Some may argue that Gimple is employing a Hitchcock tactic...except Gimple is no Master of Suspense - more like the Sultan of Sleep. :)

The Sultan of Sleep!! You nailed it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts