The Walking Dead on AMC

This has to be one of the worst season opener. You mean to tell me that they were shooting blanks and no one got hit. What was the purpose of bringing the zombies to Negan? They overkill the speech about who won... how many times i needed to hear the same... Rick girlfriend got hit very hard on her right eye, yet in the next scene it was like nothing happened. The entire scene of the priest getting stuck with the zombies was so stupid... there is more but i will not go and watch again this low budget episode... very disappointed of season premiere.

There were TWO future time jumps in this episode that explain some of it. Why they did the jumps, who knows. But they will eventually happen.

1: Short jump where Rick is standing in front of the graves.
2: LONG jump at least 3 years later, where "old Rick" wakes up in bed, uses a cane, and Judith is 5~ years old.

From a 3D standpoint (Viewer, Character, Actor), the show has neared it's expiration date. I can't see but one more season. Like all good things, it is near the end.

Last edited:
The episode was okay. Negan's one-liners were great as always.

The battle though... Weren't they attacking Negan's main headquarters? If so, where was everyone? Not those that were sent out to be ambushed (weren't many of them either for that matter), but all the regular people that were in the shopping area? The place was a ghost town except for the 5 on the balcony with Negan.

I wasn't all that impressed by it for a season opener. Seemed predictable in many spots. It's about time to wrap some things up and move on again with the story.

I wasn't all that impressed by it for a season opener. Seemed predictable in many spots. It's about time to wrap some things up and move on again with the story.
It looks to me that they plan to wrap up the Saviors story line around the mid-season break, and end it with the time jump to the next arc.

It looks to me that they plan to wrap up the Saviors story line around the mid-season break, and end it with the time jump to the next arc.

I hope so. I will admit that it's nice seeing them taking a stand and showing some toughness again. Sucked watching them get beaten down and humiliated.

Something tells me that the Saviors may get defeated but something tells me Negan (and maybe a few others escape alive). They will likely not pose a threat anymore as their numbers will be too small. Just a hunch....

Something tells me that the Saviors may get defeated but something tells me Negan (and maybe a few others escape alive). They will likely not pose a threat anymore as their numbers will be too small. Just a hunch....
Don't read what's happened in the comics if you don't want to know, but your half right, just won't say what half. ;)
:shh

Reactions: (((Garyd)))
I don't read the comics and have no interest in them. I do know that the TV writers do not follow the comics to the letter so it really doesn't matter what happens in the comics.

I don't read the comics and have no interest in them. I do know that the TV writers do not follow the comics to the letter so it really doesn't matter what happens in the comics.

The entire show has been based on the comics including what's going on right now. They do not do everything exactly the same but it's still following the general story line very close. What goes on in the comics gives a very, very good idea as to what is going to happen with some slight changes.

The entire show has been based on the comics including what's going on right now. They do not do everything exactly the same but it's still following the general story line very close. What goes on in the comics gives a very, very good idea as to what is going to happen with some slight changes.
So read the comics and you don’t have to watch the show.:bounce

Don't read what's happened in the comics if you don't want to know, but your half right, just won't say what half. ;)
:shh
I have found the comics don't always hold true, but I love them better then the TV show Gene in the comics has been better, I hope soon we get to see what he can really do, the radio opens a new world for them, and another whole new story arc can't wait until they meet the other people they have been talking to

Reactions: Annie61
The show is for people who both read and don't read the comic. It's got enough variance from the comic so we can't quote it chapter and verse. Andrea being one of the main differences.(and Daryl) The show would be no fun if we knew exactly what was going to happen. Yes as Dr Who says there are some "fixed points in time you can't change" Glenn's death being one. If that hadn't happened the way it did, I think most of the comic book fans would have cried foul. I also like the comic better, but haven't given up on the show.

Reactions: (((Garyd)))
Last night's episode could have easily been cut down to 30 minutes. Way too many stretched out scenes and repeated character collages. Did a lot of 30 second skips.

Last night's episode could have easily been cut down to 30 minutes. Way too many stretched out scenes and repeated character collages. Did a lot of 30 second skips.

I agree. It’s very frustrating. I kept saying get back to the plot, let’s go. Too many predictable moments again too. Too much fluff to fill time it seems like.

Why do some of you still watch if your tired of the show? I always see people complain after every episode or so.

Me, I can't hate watch something. To each their own though.
Yes, to each their own. We can always hope for improvement. Lament if there is not.

Reactions: Derwin0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts