The War Zone

SandraC

On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Ramy, this site has an entire forum called the War Zone, where anything goes and people can argue about their service providers as much as they want. This keeps the arguments out of the regular DirecTV and Dish forums, and leaves them as places where you can actually discuss the services provided.

I propose we use this thread the same way they do. This thread can be where people can talk of their joy in 'watching Yankee (or Red Sox) kids cry', make fun of A-Rod because he dates Kate Hudson, ridicule teams and Lebron James because they lost one game or left the bench too early, post multiple pictures detailing their crush on Kobe, etc.

The other threads can be where you can actually discuss the games, the series, the strategies and the sport, without getting into name calling and laughing at other posters because their team lost a game. If people are bickering over something you can tell them to take it to the War Zone, where the rest, who simply want to discuss the sport, don't have to see it.

I specifically propose this for the general threads that are in the sticky section. If people want to make a thread and argue over a coaching selection, a trade, a free agent signing, etc., they can have at it in that thread. But I would personally like to see the general sport/season threads as a place where you don't have to see people (like me AND others) bicker back and forth, over and over and over.

Sandra

Last edited:
Instead of a War Zone Thread, there should instead be a War Zone SubForum (like the Good Old Days one). Otherwise things will be lost in what will become a very long thread.

Instead of a War Zone Thread, there should instead be a War Zone SubForum (like the Good Old Days one). Otherwise things will be lost in what will become a very long thread.

Oh My God, what a stupid idea!!! Sorry, just getting in the mood. :D

The NFL thread has over 3,000 posts, though, and they're not even halfway through the season. Nobody cares that that thread is too long. IMHO this thread needs to remain visible, so people stop infecting the other threads.

Sandra

Oh My God, what a stupid idea!!! Sorry, just getting in the mood. :D
HAHAHA.
The NFL thread has over 3,000 posts, though, and they're not even halfway through the season. Nobody cares that that thread is too long. IMHO this thread needs to remain visible, so people don't infect other threads anymore.
Yes, but all the other war zones are sub-forums.

Plus, the NFL thread does have tons of posts, but unique subjects can and are created in separate threads.
And a sub forum will remain visible, as it's at the top, above the sticky threads.

Since I have sandra on ignore I can't see the post. But what I can see from Derwin0's post this will probably be my only post, lucky you sandra and HD. I don't like the D* vs E* war zone, so I probably wont like this one.

Since I have sandra on ignore I can't see the post. But what I can see from Derwin0's post this will probably be my only post, lucky you sandra and HD. I don't like the D* vs E* war zone, so I probably wont like this one.

Think of this thread as a place to direct the flamers in the other threads. I see this as a good way of cleaning up the main threads so we can get back to discussing actual sports!

Think of this thread as a place to direct the flamers in the other threads. I see this as a good way of cleaning up the main threads so we can get back to discussing actual sports!
The big problem is that many sports posts by nature are flaming.
Is someone saying Georgia's defense reeks making an true observation or flaming?
Not too mention any post talking about where teams should be ranked. When discussing sports, it's almost impossible to separate flames from constructive criticism.

While I don't have this guy on ignore, I have been ignoring his repeated digs at me. But now I have a thread where I can say if you're going to have a hissy-fit because I compared your sweetie-pie Cindy Crosby to Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky, I'm probably better off on ignore.

Thanks for posting that you won't post. :rolleyes:

Sandra

While I don't have this guy on ignore, I have been ignoring his repeated digs at me. But now I have a thread where I can say if you're going to have a hissy-fit because I compared your sweetie-pie Cindy Crosby to Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky, I'm probably better off on ignore.
Don't forget, just because a thread/forum is designated as a "war zone", flaming members is still not allowed.

Is someone saying Georgia's defense reeks making an true observation or flaming?
Not too mention any post talking about where teams should be ranked. When discussing sports, it's almost impossible to separate flames from constructive criticism.

I'm sure Ramy will agree that looking through the posts on this site, especially in the NBA and MLB threads, it's very obvious what are normal disagreements, and what is flaming and baiting.

Sandra

If you need specific examples, lookup that smog breathing, greasy food loving, bad grammar poster from California.

Don't forget, just because a thread/forum is designated as a "war zone", flaming members is still not allowed.

It was running rampant in the NBA and MLB threads, though. I trust Ramy, the bestest moderator of them all. :D

Sandra

I'm sure Ramy will agree that looking through the posts on this site, especially in the NBA and MLB threads, it's very obvious what are normal disagreements, and what is flaming and baiting.
Not all the time.

There was a thread about Ohio St.'s quarterback Terrelle Pryor created by a Ohio St. fan. Several thought it was created by an anti-buckeye to flame the team instead of a fan making a valid criticism about the state of his team.

Last edited:
Not all the time.

There was a thread about the state of Ohio St.'s defense created by a Ohio St. fan. Several thought it was created by an anti-buckeye to flame the team instead of a fan making a valid criticism about the state of his team.

This should sort itself out. Give it a chance.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)