The way HD pricing should be

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
the last time I watched a complete program on voom was the bond film fest

sorry but the shows on those channels suck. I don't watch hd for hd's skae

99% of my viewing is primetime networks.

the only time I watch anything in the hd pack is for an occasional movie or live sports game

I just tried to get HD channels only and they said no. What color is HD only? But if I understand the new pricing as of feb 07 HD only will be available. Can anybody confirm this?

No. Dish has no plans at this time to offer HD only. You must subscribe to at least the AT60/AT100 to get HD. This will still be the case in Feb 07.

I think next year we may see the HD pricing change to this model.

Cable gives customers the HD versions of channels they get already for no extra cost, DBS needs to do the same thing. Why pay for ESPN, ESPN2, National Geographic HD again when we get the SD versions for free.

I might be confused ,Scott I M lucky and have two cable companies in my city but we pay for these channels both cable companies are about 10.95 a month for Espn,Espn2 and TNT,Universal we dont get any of these free we have to pay for the HD pack of them.

TO ME THE 20 a month from Dish is a bonus

the last time I watched a complete program on voom was the bond film fest

sorry but the shows on those channels suck. I don't watch hd for hd's skae

99% of my viewing is primetime networks.

the only time I watch anything in the hd pack is for an occasional movie or live sports game

I too watch most hd from the networks. I have seen very new stuff on the Voom channels or some of the other HD stations. Having shows in hd is nice ,but having shows in Hd that I want to Watch is much better. The networks put out the best stuff in hd that there is out there. Maybe in the future they will finally start to add new stuff to the Hd national channels but it doesn't look like that for now.

I think next year we may see the HD pricing change to this model.

Cable gives customers the HD versions of channels they get already for no extra cost, DBS needs to do the same thing. Why pay for ESPN, ESPN2, National Geographic HD again when we get the SD versions for free.

I agree. I don't want to pay $20 a month for a package that only has 2 channels in HD that I want. So I pay the enabling fee and just get Showtime in HD and my locals.

I do hope pricing changes, they are alreay too high IMO. But when D*'s new sats are launched I think we will see a huge price increase by directv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts