The Weather Channel C3 - 13 Analog

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wow, it was on early this morning, I watched a few min just for posterity. Like Tvropro I got into c-band about the same time he did, and it's been a real trip watching all the changes in sat broadcasting. I'm sorry for all the folks just now getting c-band --but at least you won't have knowledge firsthand of what you missed! It would only make you feel bad.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why they don't just leave it in fixed-key mode. It's not going to break them, if a few hobbyists (like us) might be watching it.....:rolleyes:

speaking of keys i saw on ebay a 4dtv that he put keys in it to make it work on the analog channels.... huh? i thought people quit messing with VCII descramblers in the early 90s

Wow, it was on early this morning, I watched a few min just for posterity. Like Tvropro I got into c-band about the same time he did, and it's been a real trip watching all the changes in sat broadcasting. I'm sorry for all the folks just now getting c-band --but at least you won't have knowledge firsthand of what you missed! It would only make you feel bad.

Back in the day was great. :) Remember getting the new channels first before they even were on cable? (no LSD yet) Now were lucky if we can sub to a cable channel. :( Things sure have changed.

Since the video is analog and the audio is digital on the VC the video probably won't experience any changes. Usually when the audio holds increase there is a matching problem with the bb video level being to hot or cold feeding the VC. With my old Monty it had in one of the menu's 3 settings for video level Low Normal and High. Sometimes the station has the video set too hot or cold and I used to compensate for that with this adjustment. You can try to adjust the BB level feeding the VC if your commercial unit has a pot. Or put a 10k pot from hot to ground on your cable feeding the VC decoder and see if it will match it properly by adjusting it.

Now, it's fine. No audio crackling at all. I never had to adjust anything before, maybe it was just an anomaly. Picture quality degraded, but the trees are starting to grow in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts