The Weather Channel up for sale

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hopefully Viacom wont buy it. They ruin networks. They'll turn it into reality tv or something.

I've been waiting for them to start running reality shows with them having storm stories and the others coming up lately, I half expected Hillary Andrews to be the naughty girl in a "Meteorlogists off the clock" show.

Here is my prediction. Google will buy it. Then, they can take advantage of the individual systems installed at every cable company that carries TWC, as well as the interactive capabilities that some cable/satellite boxes have, to offer customized, highly targeted advertising, which, in Google style, will be sold to the highest bidder.

Plus, imagine having various Weather overlays for Google Maps?

And, perhaps Google could even add Google News, with video and/or text headlines, to TWC?

You know I realized that I havent seen Hillary Andrews on the weather channel in some time, doing a google didnt bring back much other than a profile on fanunity, some youtube stuff, and a media line forum thread critical of her on the chanel. Anyone here have any idea what has happened to her?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts