The "What Happend April 1" excuse poll

What will the reason be for Dish not adding Channels April 1

• Can't figure how to keep Absolute subs from getting them.

Votes: 59 17.7%
  • Waiting for next week with the new security protocol.

Votes: 21 6.3%
  • Charlie being Charlie

Votes: 200 59.9%
  • The Direct/NDS/Confricker conspiracy

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Signal Hackers

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • The Economy

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Freak snowstorm in Denver

Votes: 23 6.9%

• Total voters

dmendenjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
The keystone state
OK, forget about the angst... it will curious to see the official "reason" why the channels got called off at the 11th hour...

From either the conventional "technical issues" or "because it's charlie" to more devious ones like the "Direct/NDS/Confricker Conspiracy Theory" which goes something like this, Direct was upset with the leaps that e* is making on the HD front, that NDS unleashed the confricker virus, which gave them access to e*'s internal messaging service and used it to prevent the channel launch :D

As the saying goes, "Ours is not to do or die, Ours is but to question why!":dev

It could also be possible that it was Viacom's problem. Since Dish announced the channels, one assumes the contracts are done. Dish has satellites in place, and appears to have TMP channels in place. Perhaps Viacom was unable to deliver the channels to Dish...

It could also be possible that it was Viacom's problem. Since Dish announced the channels, one assumes the contracts are done. Dish has satellites in place, and appears to have TMP channels in place. Perhaps Viacom was unable to deliver the channels to Dish...
The word getting out is there was a problem with BET-HD, on viacom's end. Agreement with Dish was all channels go up together. So, it looks like it could be a Viacom problem.

The word getting out is there was a problem with BET-HD, on viacom's end. Agreement with Dish was all channels go up together. So, it looks like it could be a Viacom problem.
But that should not stop us from bashing Dish and Charlie at every opportunity. ;)

Unfortunately, I forgot to add that as an option when I started the poll... (I really started at 8 options and could not remember the 8th choice I wanted to put up there)

I'm actually surprised that the late night AM Radio style conspiracy theory option is number 3 (as of this moment)

You forgot one option. It was Charlies's April Fools day joke..... He did say it would be live by April 1 .... guess what

APRIL FOOL....

I find it rather fitting that "Charlie being Charlie" is ahead by a good margin. I respect everybody's argument about Charlie not making any promises on a lot of HD, but Viacom was PROMISED by April 1st, and even after we have those there will be at LEAST 6-7 NEEDS in HD for basic HD subs, at least for Dish Network's HD line-up to even have an argument being the "HD leader."

Oh, c'mom! What crazy poll results. No, every curse suffered at Dish is because of the economy. In fact, Charlie never really said it was the economy for all of Dish's troubles during the last quarterly report: it was his trained pet parrot, "It's the economy!" saying it over and over in response to every question. Meanwhile Charlie's other agent, his pet cuckoo-cuckoo clock bird, was spreading the word when the media calls in for a quote, "It's the Economy, cuckoo-cuckoo. It's the Economy, cuckoo-cuckoo."

I chose Charlie-being-Charlie, but I don't think they will give a reason. The channels will show up in the next few weeks and the next time we see Charlie he will be bragging about the new channels added, without any mention of the broken promise.

Why is Dishnetwork Bet HD Different then Directvs Bet HD? Last I knew D* Viacoms are working fine.;)

i held my breath last time and had to go to the emergency room last time :haha

now i don't.

It's like the milwaukee bucks........you hope for the best, but expect the worst. Occasionally the might surprise you with an 8th seed and you are pleasantly suprised. This is how I approach DISH HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts