The Wild, Wild, West

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
NELLIE ANDREEVA
In one of the highest-profile reboots this season, CBS is looking to revive the 1960s action-adventure Western The Wild Wild West with former CSI executive producer/co-showrunner Naren Shankar and Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer Ron Moore. The network is negotiating a deal for the project, which will be co-produced by CBS TV Studios, where Shankar is based with an overall deal, and Sony Pictures TV, where Moore is under an overall deal.
Source & More: deadline.com

With Ron Moore involved, it might be decent.

Still, like the new True Grit movie, why does hollywood think they can improve on the originals?

With Ron Moore involved, it might be decent.

Still, like the new True Grit movie, why does hollywood think they can improve on the originals?

Good point, but at least they were smart enough to use Jeff Bridges in it. It might actually be pretty good!

In bad economic times it is comforting to many viewers to have familiar shows from better times to watch. Most of these reboot shows were from most of our younger days, including my childhood. Now let's reboot Lost in Space.

In bad economic times it is comforting to many viewers to have familiar shows from better times to watch. Most of these reboot shows were from most of our younger days, including my childhood. Now let's reboot Lost in Space.

Fox owns the rights and did produce a pilot you might find it on the web. Perhaps at Youtube.

Lost in Space reboot might work with the right crew. Not the ones that did the movie. Which wasn't that good imho. However they have sort of done a Lost in Space. It was called Voyager.

Lost in Space reboot might work with the right crew. Not the ones that did the movie. Which wasn't that good imho. However they have sort of done a Lost in Space. It was called Voyager.

Yes, Star trek Voyager show is why I went with DISH in the first place 14 years ago. I liked the whole series especially the 2 part ending that involved time travel and the Borg queen .

Actually for people like me, I never knew there was a previous wild wild west series on TV. I saw the movie, but I did not know there was a TV series. It could be good. At worst I will watch an episode or 2 and see if I like it.

Really Mike? How young are you? I am 36 and knew there was a TV Show.

Actually for people like me, I never knew there was a previous wild wild west series on TV. I saw the movie, but I did not know there was a TV series. It could be good. At worst I will watch an episode or 2 and see if I like it.

You owe it to yourself to find some of the old ones. Classic TV at its finest.

Well, let me start off dating myself. I watched the first run when it came out. It was in B&W when it started. Robert Conrad (James West) was the James T Kirk of westerns is how I would put it. Robert Conrad was 200% better playing James West than Will Smith. And while Kevin Kline did a decent job as Arte. Ross Martin was a better Arte.

I used to look forward to the opening graphics alone. It was great fun even if it was utterly implausible.