The worst customer service I have ever experienced.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

claytonboen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My recent chat with a CSR...

(03) Betty S:
Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.

Clayton Boen: Hello Betty, when I signed up for Dish Network about 6 months ago I was very interested in your HD only options. At the time I was assured that the HD only packages would ALWAYS receive all the HD channels as they come available. Obviously, with the release of Fox News HD and the new Viacom HD channels today, this is not the case. I feel misled and ripped off.
(03) Betty S: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Clayton Boen: I would like to figure out a solution where I receive all the new HD channels for a similar price that I am paying now.
(03) Betty S: I'd be happy to assist you with that. Please give me 2-3 minutes for this.
(03) Betty S: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Betty S: I am sorry to inform you, that these channels are not added in a Turbo HD packages.
Clayton Boen: Yes, I have realized that
Clayton Boen: but when I signed up I was assured that they would be
Clayton Boen: added, at minimum, to TurboHD Gold
Clayton Boen: this, obviously, is not the case
(03) Betty S: I understand your concern.
(03) Betty S: We are still working on getting the channel in Turbo HD package.
Clayton Boen: So all the new Viacom channels are going to be added to the TurboHD packages?
(03) Betty S: We do not have the exact information when these channels will be available in Turbo package.
Clayton Boen: the word "when" seems to infer that they will be added to the TurboHD packages
Clayton Boen: is that the case?
(03) Betty S: I am sorry, we do not have any information about it.
Clayton Boen: So let me get this right.
Clayton Boen: My monthly bill increased by about 20%
Clayton Boen: because I was getting new channels
Clayton Boen: and for that 20%
Clayton Boen: I got 3 new channels
Clayton Boen: allthe while everyone else (that subscribe to the other HD packages) had a 5%-10% increase and got ALL the new HD channels?
(03) Betty S: The new 3 channels which are added, that does not increase the price for the package.
Clayton Boen: Yes it does, I was told my monthly rate was increasing because we were getting new channels
Clayton Boen: I have a letter that was mailed to me saying as much
(03) Betty S: I am sorry for that.
(03) Betty S: The channels are added on the package.
(03) Betty S: The price for the package is not change.
Clayton Boen: Yes it did
Clayton Boen: I went up on Feb 1st
Clayton Boen: My subscription went up by $10.00 a month on Feb 1st
(03) Betty S: There was a price increase for all the package for all customers.
Clayton Boen: I am aware of that, but the TurboHD subscribers has VAST increases in comparison
Clayton Boen: and got the least new channels in return
Clayton Boen: TruboHD Gold subscribers had their rates increased by 25%
Clayton Boen: yet got only as many new channels as the HDBronze people, who had theirs increased by about 6%
Clayton Boen: I can only assume that there is some kind of mistake
(03) Betty S: Please give me 2-3 minutes to research this.
Clayton Boen: because that doesn't make sense in any way
(03) Betty S: As per the account information the price changes were done in the month of February for all the customer for the basic packages and the channels which are added on the package after that , there is no increase for the price for that package.
(03) Betty S: When we introduce any channel to the package we do not increase the price for the package.
Clayton Boen: I understand that, instead you increase before you add the new channels
Clayton Boen: Please don't treat me like I am stupid, I have a solid understanding of how price structures work.
(03) Betty S: The price increase was done according to the broadcasters they have increased the price for the channels.
Clayton Boen: Prices were raised in preparation of new channels being added.
Clayton Boen: I have a letter stating as much
Clayton Boen: outright
(03) Betty S: The price increase is done only once in a year.
Clayton Boen: I can scan it in and email it to you if you'd like
Clayton Boen: We are getting off track of my original issue
Clayton Boen: which is that I was told by a CSR when I signed up for Dish that my TurboHD package would always receive new HD channels as they are added
Clayton Boen: that has not happened.
Clayton Boen: Since that time 8 new HD channels were added, and I received 3
Clayton Boen: So basically I was lied to
(03) Betty S: I am sorry if you feel that way.
Clayton Boen: I was lead into a subscription package with un-truths
(03) Betty S: We are introducing the channels in HD , it will take some more time to get in the packages.
Clayton Boen: so I would like to figure out a way to get what I was told I would get for my monthly subscription
Clayton Boen: I doubt that is the case
Clayton Boen: other subscribers have the channels NOW
(03) Betty S: What else can I assist you with?
Clayton Boen: So why wouldn't I?
(03) Betty S: I am sorry, the dish does not have these channel in your package as it is not added by the broadcasters to the package.
Clayton Boen: The broadcasters do not choose which package they channel goes into
Clayton Boen: you know this
Clayton Boen: I know this
Clayton Boen: That is decided by the executives at Dish
Clayton Boen: again, please don't treat me as if I am stupid.
(03) Betty S: When the channels are available in the package it will be informed on the web site.
Clayton Boen: and please offer a solution to my problem
(03) Betty S: I am sorry if you feel that way.
Clayton Boen: the channels are available now
Clayton Boen: people have them
(03) Betty S: I am sorry we can not provide these channel in your package.
(03) Betty S: You have to change the package to get the channels.
Clayton Boen: then tell me how you can provide me these channels
Clayton Boen: for a similar price
Clayton Boen: because that is what I was told I would get
(03) Betty S: I am sorry it is not similar price.
Clayton Boen: You are not even offering a solution
Clayton Boen: is your job to offer me help, or to argue with me?
Clayton Boen: because I am being offered no help or solutions from you
(03) Betty S: I understand your concern, if there is a way to add this channel on your package we could have added that on the account.
(03) Betty S: I am sorry we can not provide the different package at the price what you have on your account.
Clayton Boen: You are not understanding what I am asking
Clayton Boen: I am asking you to tell me how to get those channels
Clayton Boen: now, today
Clayton Boen: and for a similar price to what I am paying now
(03) Betty S: You need to go for the classic silver package for $52.99 with locals, and plus you will be charge $10 for the HD package on the account.
Clayton Boen: So if I removed the sports package from my programming and went with what you just suggested
Clayton Boen: what would my total monthly bill be?
(03) Betty S: The bill will come down by $5.99, so the monthly rate will be $73.98 plus tax.
(03) Betty S: Are you still there?
Clayton Boen: Wow, that doesn't makes sense at all.
(03) Betty S: I am sorry to hear that.
Clayton Boen: How does 62.99 equal 73.98?
Clayton Boen: I know you're anxious to get rid of me, but please bear with me
Clayton Boen: I am trying to figure out how to get what I want out of Dish, I thought it was your job to help
(03) Betty S: Let me inform you that as of now the channels which you are referring to are not available in the package.
(03) Betty S: These channels are released recently.
(03) Betty S: Please allow some time and you will find the channels in your package.
Clayton Boen: What did I say that makes you think I don't understand that
Clayton Boen: I do understand that.
(03) Betty S: We would appreciate your cooperation in this regard.
Clayton Boen: Then why did I receive 3 today, when others received them all?
Clayton Boen: All these channels are going to be offered for my package soon? How soon? Weeks, months, years?
(03) Betty S: I wish I could help you however as of now the time frame information is not yet updated.
(03) Betty S: Once they are available you will be updated through our website for sure.
(03) Betty S: Do you have any more questions for me?
Clayton Boen: Obviously I am not a happy subscriber at this point
Clayton Boen: and you can be sure, that if I end this chat still unhappy, I will no longer be a Dish Network subscriber as soon as I can
Clayton Boen: You have not attempted, in any way, to offer solutions to my problem
(03) Betty S: I am sorry to hear that.
(03) Betty S: I will pass this feedback to the concern department.
Clayton Boen: You are customer service, no?
Clayton Boen: Can you offer me some customer service and help solve my problem?
Clayton Boen: I am begging you to help keep me as a customer
(03) Betty S: Let me inform you that if this channels were available in the package I would have helped,.
(03) Betty S: However as of now they are available.
(03) Betty S: Once they are available you will be updated through our website.
Clayton Boen: I know that
Clayton Boen: but you do have the power
Clayton Boen: to change my subsction
Clayton Boen: and do so at discounted rates
(03) Betty S: I wish I could help you.
(03) Betty S: However I am sorry as of now there are no promotions available as such.
Clayton Boen: You can help, you are either choosing not to help, of have been instructed by your superiors not to help
(03) Betty S: If there were any promotion I would have helped you for sure.
(03) Betty S: Since you have indicated that there is nothing more that I can assist you with, I will now be ending this chat session. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
[/FONT]

And what did you expect with your "method".?

Jeez, man.....you come off a lot worse in that conversation than that poor CSR. I understand the frustration of the Turbo subs, but in the end, you get what you pay for. If you want the channels, you're going to have to pony up.

No use acting like a jerk to some $8/hr CSR.

And what did you expect with your "method".?

I specifically asked them to offer a solution that would make me happy. How is that not a good "method", especially after they treated me as if I were stupid.

Jeez, man.....you come off a lot worse in that conversation than that poor CSR. I understand the frustration of the Turbo subs, but in the end, you get what you pay for. If you want the channels, you're going to have to pony up.

No use acting like a jerk to some $8/hr CSR.

I don't think I acted like a jerk, I asked for a solution, they offered none. Is it a jerk to expect customer service from a CSR?

I don't think I acted like a jerk, I asked for a solution, they offered none. Is it a jerk to expect customer service from a CSR?

If you re-read that and don't think you come off sounding like a jerk, then maybe you're not from earth. :rolleyes:

Look, E* made a business decision to put certain channels in certain packages. You're allowed not to like it. But to expect the low-man on the totem pole at E* (a front-line CSR) to override this decision because YOU don't like it is a bit narcissistic.

You were all ontop of this csr before they even commented, let up a little maybe you would have gotten somewhere. Not that you'll listen, but just some advice.

If you re-read that and don't think you come off sounding like a jerk, then maybe you're not from earth. :rolleyes:

Look, E* made a business decision to put certain channels in certain packages. You're allowed not to like it. But to expect the low-man on the totem pole at E* (a front-line CSR) to override this decision because YOU don't like it is a bit narcissistic.

Well, I sure as heck hope you don't work in the business of making customers happy. Its attitudes like that that are making everyone unhappy with Dish.

I did re-read my chat. I asked for a solution on multiple occasions, even asked for programming changes, which they didn't offer.

Sorry. If I was a jerk, that $8/hr CSR deserved it. They are there to help, not argue.

There's so much a CSR can do and I actually feel sorry for this CSR. He was very polite and corteous, I would've sent you to hell and I would've quit right then.

Why do people take it out on the CSRs? It's not their fault that the chiefs are making stupid programming decisions. All this confusion is because of they have too many packages.

My opinion? You definitely were not being a jerk. Sometimes, I can't believe some of the people on this forum. I guess they get supreme service from DN's excellent CSR's. And, I guess they get even extra supreme service when they are a bit cheesed off at some of the crap DN pulls on their customers.

I read your entire post start to finish and then re-read only the CSR's responses after reading some of the other responses. The CSR was useless, not unexpected, responding in canned responses that had absolutely no concern for your frustration at all. Evidently, this DN CSR's main goal was to get you off the phone/chat/email as fast as possible so she could get onto a more important phone/chat/email like 'how do I plug in my receiver'.

You should have been escalated to somebody further up the food chain at DN once the CSR realized that you weren't going to be placated by the canned responses. Your only fault in all this was actually believing you were going to get somewhere with DN's CSR's.

Don't think that just because you have a couple of posts here not sympathetic to your situation that nobody is sympathetic. People just enjoy jumping your sh*t more than taking the time to show a bit of support. DN sucks lately and you have every right to be upset by it.

Hang in there and good luck. You might try an email to ceo@echostar.com, although I would expect about the same level of concern as you've gotten previously. I try to call DN Corp. on important issues, although lately I have felt like I've gotten a similar level of service as the standard CSR's.

George

There's so much a CSR can do and I actually feel sorry for this CSR. He was very polite and corteous, I would've sent you to hell and I would've quit right then.

Why do people take it out on the CSRs? It's not their fault that the chiefs are making stupid programming decisions. All this confusion is because of they have too many packages.
I lost my cool a bit with the CSR this morning, but I kept it civil. I also reiterated that I know it has nothing to do with him or his incompetence (seriously, they really don't know much; again though, not their fault exactly). However, they are the first line of defense, and as such, I am sure are used to this sort of thing. I don't think he is crying to himself as we speak...

My opinion? You definitely were not being a jerk. Sometimes, I can't believe some of the people on this forum. I guess they get supreme service from DN's excellent CSR's. And, I guess they get even extra supreme service when they are a bit cheesed off at some of the crap DN pulls on their customers.

I read your entire post start to finish and then re-read only the CSR's responses after reading some of the other responses. The CSR was useless, not unexpected, responding in canned responses that had absolutely no concern for your frustration at all. Evidently, this DN CSR's main goal was to get you off the phone/chat/email as fast as possible so she could get onto a more important phone/chat/email like 'how do I plug in my receiver'.

You should have been escalated to somebody further up the food chain at DN once the CSR realized that you weren't going to be placated by the canned responses. Your only fault in all this was actually believing you were going to get somewhere with DN's CSR's.

Don't think that just because you have a couple of posts here not sympathetic to your situation that nobody is sympathetic. People just enjoy jumping your sh*t more than taking the time to show a bit of support. DN sucks lately and you have every right to be upset by it.

Hang in there and good luck. You might try an email to ceo@echostar.com, although I would expect about the same level of concern as you've gotten previously. I try to call DN Corp. on important issues, although lately I have felt like I've gotten a similar level of service as the standard CSR's.

George

Thank you, George.

Another vote for the CSR here. Dish makes bad decisions but beating up on a CSR won't change that. If I were that CSR you would have been inadvertently dropped.

NightRyder

At some point the CSR might have felt he is helpless in resolving the issue. He should have transferred to the next level so that Dish would not lose a customer. If level 1 is not helpful, then escalate to level 2 or higher ups to see what they can do to make the customer happy with a different pkg choice with a discounted rate or some other options..

I did not like the way CSR handled the chat. As somebody pointed out he/she was eager to end the session.

Well, I sure as heck hope you don't work in the business of making customers happy. Its attitudes like that that are making everyone unhappy with Dish.

I did re-read my chat. I asked for a solution on multiple occasions, even asked for programming changes, which they didn't offer.

Sorry. If I was a jerk, that $8/hr CSR deserved it. They are there to help, not argue.

I worked retail for 10 years at a company known for it's service. I would have politely moved you up the food chain and then laughed at you with my co-workers (something this CSP might be doing right now).

You sounded childish. Always remember, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Can a CSR even transfer you to a higher up in chat? From reading the conversation it seems like someone may have stepped in halfway through the chat to answer the OP. The tone of the responses changes.

As for being a jerk or not, I have to side with the CSR. You came out and said that you wanted all the channels at the same price. There was no way the CSR could make that happen and then you go on and beat her over the head with it over and over.

Were the canned answers satisfactory? No. Does the situation suck? Yes. But I think you really have to call in where the possibility of talking to a supe or manager is there to get anywhere with a price break. The complaint about being told that all new HD would be added to your package, that's something to email to the CEO address. A CSR has no way of addressing that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)