TheCoolTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
looks like it is coming back to some markets....from their site

We are psyched to announce that THECOOLTV will be back on over-the-air markets on or around Nov. 1st! Cities include:

Cincinnati, OH
Washington, DC
Los Angeles
Dallas-Ft.-Worth
Houston
Miami
Denver
Sacramento
St. Louis
Salt Lake City
San Antonio
Oklahoma City

Thanks ice that is good to know :)

I don't see it in DC. I do see something else on WPXW but will start another thread.

on thecooltv website after that was posted there has been no updates other than Denver is "coming soon...as early as next week"

Still have not seen it here. I did however startto pick up a Daystar affiliated low power station (WDDN). I guess it has been around for years but I have never been able to receive it before.

I see that the Denver station is affiliated with Syncom Media. That makes me think that the DC affiliate may be WTTD-LD that broadcasts on Ch 14 with a PSIP identity of 49. It is owned by a subsidiary of Syncomm. Right now they show 4 channels but only the -2 station has programming.

WTTD has dropped the weird "Coming soon" ;oop on 49-1 for color bars. I don't know if that isa good or bad sign.

Kind of strange. The website now lists Washington DC as a city that currently has theCoolTV but lists no station (all the other cities have a channel listed) it also lists 13 cites under coming soon but DC is not one of them.

Still nothing here in the DC area as of 1/4. Also still that odd listing for DC on the website. I suspect that talks with whoever hit a snag.

well this is interesting. Folks keep asking where thecooltv went (their satellite feed went belly up so they lost 8 more affiliates. They are down to 11 affiliates (6 owned by LIN) and ironically 4 are in 2 neighboring or similar markets
Indy and Lafayette (Lafayette is only CBS there but owned by the Indy CBS...can be picked up with a good antenna)
Hartford CT and Springfield, MA is the others

But this dont sound good. From an owner of a station
Brianna, don't think Cool TV will ever be back in Cincy, I operate a station here in Cincinnati, and I tried to talk to the with no luck. They are losing more and more affiliates, 8 this month alone, soon they will be in TV Heaven.

The guy runs a low powered station (WBQC) which has been known for carrying any and everything. Right now they have on their stations
RTV
This
COZI
Jewelry
America One
Tuff TV

so if CoolTV doesnt want to talk to him there must be issues

Well they're down to 8 right now...and next week it will be 7

WWLP (Springfield, MA) is dropping it on 7/15.....they have a sister station in Hartford (owned by LIN) and no word if they are dropping it too

hmmm...sounds like they are leaving Indy too

From a facebook post on their site
Wndy cool tv Indianapolis, Indiana. According to Comcast they are no longer going to be broadcasting Cool-tv on July 15.

Well they're down to 8 right now...and next week it will be 7

WWLP (Springfield, MA) is dropping it on 7/15.....they have a sister station in Hartford (owned by LIN) and no word if they are dropping it too
If Springfield is dropping it then the Hartford station is dropping it too since they come out of the same control room in Springfield.

When they first added ThisCoolTV each station was playing different programming at the same time, but then over time they both started playing the same thing at the same time. :(

so if they drop both Hartford/Springfield and Indy (and lets say Lafayette since they are again LIN stations) that leaves one LIN station in Grand Rapids (unless something changes)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts