There is something wrong with Dish Network's PPV channels

kcolg30

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 24, 2010
earth
I have purchased several PPV's and I have noticed that about 7 mins into the movie the channel title bar will appear and disappear. This always happens on the PPV channel and only on the PPV movies. There is no other remote triggering the title bar to display. It only happens after about 7 mins into the movie. Has anyone see this or noticed this before.
What is causing this to happen.

Last edited:
Any close neighbors with Dish? Try changing your remote codes.

This is not IR or UHF related since it happens always EXACTLY 7 mins into every PPV movie. I have also done a reset of the recevier as well as powered it off and back on. Also my closes niehboor is over 5 miles away so it is not coming from any other IR device or remote. I have already changed my remote codes.

it is when the show is actually being charged for. my understanding is that it isn't supposed to appear. from what I have been told, if you order a PPV but don't actually watch it. They don't charge you for it. I'm not sure if that's true but that's what I been told.

it is when the show is actually being charged for. my understanding is that it isn't supposed to appear. from what I have been told, if you order a PPV but don't actually watch it. They don't charge you for it. I'm not sure if that's true but that's what I been told.

Ummmmm? What!?

its probably to encourage you to see it before poof its gone

But should it always appear every time you switch to the channel? My 501 only displayed it once you ordered it. The 722k seems to display it every time you switch to the PPV channel, once you have ordered it.

What did Dish say when you called and asked Tech support?

They read me their BS script to reset the receivers. That is why I posted my question here. Most of the people on this board are not $5.00/hour reps that read scripts and have no tech skills.

I'm new to Dishnetwork and they offered 5 pay per view coupons that I've used 4 so far,on each movie after 5-7 mins the channel banner pops up for a few seconds then goes away,since the pop up also shows up in the DVR recording I suspect they are using it like a water mark so no one could get a 100% clean copy of the PPV feature film.

they weren't the same. at least not to my reading.

the op was asking about the banner popping up. this is not supposed to happen but it started on the most recent software update.

if you remember, we can preview a ppv without actually paying for it. you get 7-10 mins to preview. the banner is popping up when preview is over.

Let me start all over again in this thread. Sorry if I opened to many threads but two out of the three were different questions.

Question #1 - When I order a PPV movie, exactly and always 7 mins into the movie the title banner will appear and disappear without anyone touching the remote. It will never reappear again within the movie. No one lives near me within 5 miles of my house. So there is no RF from any other DISH user. Is this normal or not normal and does it happen to you as well

Question #2 - When I order a PPV movie it tells me the limited video viewing message. That is fine with me. However what bothers me is if I switch from the PPV movie to another channel and switch back to the PPV movie it displays the limited viewing message again. Is this normal or not normal and does it happen to you as well.

DISH NETWORK reps are of no help. BTW...I have a 722K + DISH 1000 if that matters.

Let me start all over again in this thread. Sorry if I opened to many threads but two out of the three were different questions.

Question #1 - When I order a PPV movie, exactly and always 7 mins into the movie the title banner will appear and disappear without anyone touching the remote. It will never reappear again within the movie. No one lives near me within 5 miles of my house. So there is no RF from any other DISH user. Is this normal or not normal and does it happen to you as well

Question #2 - When I order a PPV movie it tells me the limited video viewing message. That is fine with me. However what bothers me is if I switch from the PPV movie to another channel and switch back to the PPV movie it displays the limited viewing message again. Is this normal or not normal and does it happen to you as well.
DISH NETWORK reps are of no help. BTW...I have a 722K + DISH 1000 if that matters.

Q1: this is not supposed to happen but it started on the most recent software update. if you remember, we can preview a ppv without actually paying for it. you get 7-10 mins to preview. the banner is popping up when preview is over.

Q2:should not happen. What is the number in the corner of the popup box?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)