There'll be no joy on Galactica, the mighty Charlie has struck out!

I could care less abotu FX.. SCi-fi is the main channel I watch.. But if people want to complain cause dish has no plans, currently, to even carry Fx in HD, thats their right...
I dunno why people complain about people complaining...not like they are forced to read it...if those not complaining are perfectly happy, then go be happy, let those that are not voice their opinion

Did not take long for someone to reinforce my claim about complaining by complaining. My post was not a complaint, its a fact.

Well, I just pointed my gyro-dish to the 119 satellite for tonight to watch the first two eps of t he season for BSG, and was pleasantly surprised to also catch the Sarah Jane Adventures and find out that Doctor Who is starting up again next week.

While I subscribe to the entire dish package, all HD, all 4 premiums, I only get one satellite at a time because I'm on a boat, and I'm in San Diego so I can't get 61.5, so I'm pretty much always on 110. 129 only comes in if I manually point at it (signal's too weak to lock on), so I can't use it if I'm moving. We only "go there" if there's something really special and we're staying still.

Anyway, during SG-1 season I would have "Sci-Fi" fridays and switch over to 119 on Friday for the friday lineup before going back to 110. I was hoping for Sci-Fi HD to show up on 110, but oh well, it didn't, and switched over hopefully for the last time to 119 for Sci-Fi.

Guys, be thankful that you have all the channels you do. I have them, but it takes effort and premeditation. At least trees aren't my problem :)

Well, I just pointed my gyro-dish to the 119 satellite for tonight to watch the first two eps of t he season for BSG, and was pleasantly surprised to also catch the Sarah Jane Adventures and find out that Doctor Who is starting up again next week.

While I subscribe to the entire dish package, all HD, all 4 premiums, I only get one satellite at a time because I'm on a boat, and I'm in San Diego so I can't get 61.5, so I'm pretty much always on 110. 129 only comes in if I manually point at it (signal's too weak to lock on), so I can't use it if I'm moving. We only "go there" if there's something really special and we're staying still.

Anyway, during SG-1 season I would have "Sci-Fi" fridays and switch over to 119 on Friday for the friday lineup before going back to 110. I was hoping for Sci-Fi HD to show up on 110, but oh well, it didn't, and switched over hopefully for the last time to 119 for Sci-Fi.

Guys, be thankful that you have all the channels you do. I have them, but it takes effort and premeditation. At least trees aren't my problem :)

Why don't you get more than one of those gyro dishes and run them into a switch? Are they really expensive?

They're around $4000 each (which is acceptable), take up a lot of power, are loud, heavy and big.

There's not much room to stick them on a mast when you've got more important things to stick there.

A more important thing to stick up there will be a satellite internet gyro, which is about the same size. Right now I can only get internet up to around 50 miles offshore, which is fine. I'm going to be doing some worldwide travelling though, and having 1mbps speed in the middle of the pacific is more important than having two satellites going into my DVR. (I have the adapter -and box- for south american/european/south pacific satellite signals).

Whoever does the encodes to H.264/mkv needs to up the quality a notch. I saw macroblocking in 2 scenes with red backgrounds. Knowing that it can be done better from the HD rentals I have seen, makes it annoying when it isn't.

It is still SO much better than the YouTube quality that Dish provides, I am not complaining.

If you guys are serious about your downloaded TV... hook a computer up to your TV, why mess with the disc burning step? Unless you are going to be keeping the episodes.

My workflow:

1. Download video from usenet (~25 minutes for a 720p show)
2. check PARs/extract
3. Watch on big TV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts