These crazy, unpredictable update times have got to STOP.

Jon J

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2005
Music City, USA
This morning at 7:15 my H3 flashed a screen too quickly for me to see then presented a black screen, turned itself off and ignored any remote commands. The wife said it does that randomly all the time.

The update time is set for 3AM. If it regularly ignores that setting why even have it as a setting?

This randomness is unacceptable especially if it can do its thing during prime time.

GRRRRR. :devilish

Reactions: peggy97850
It's a known receiver issue that they are working on. The setting is there because normally it works, but since there is some sort of software bug or system issue, it isn't working. I would submit a complaint through Dish and provide them the needed information so they can send it off to engineering to add to their list of affected customers.

This morning at 7:15 my H3 flashed a screen too quickly for me to see then presented a black screen, turned itself off and ignored any remote commands. The wife said it does that randomly all the time.

The update time is set for 3AM. If it regularly ignores that setting why even have it as a setting?

This randomness is unacceptable especially if it can do its thing during prime time.

Welcome to my Night/DayMare!

Same here on H3, plus my wireless Joey is also back to updating at 1am. Reported weeks ago, still no fix.

Also irritated with "watched" status of recordings - sometimes shows programs as not watched or fully watched & has been messed up for months, not reliable.

I hate to jinx myself, but this has not been an issue I have observed yet. fingers-crossed

Dish may have a better DVR, offering 16 tuners but man their software development department sucks

Compared to who? Given what my parents are going through these days with DirecTV's new software, I, for one, am glad I switched. Compared to Spectrum Navigator(or whatever they call it these days), the Hopper3 software is Nirvana. Maybe you mean Comcast? I've never experienced X1, but some people seem to like it. Tivo has been having lots of, um, "feedback" about their new software.

Dish may have a better DVR, offering 16 tuners but man their software development department sucks
My HP computer with Windows 10 is set to update between 11PM and 5AM, yet every couple of weeks in the middle of the day, I get a popup letting me know that Windows is getting ready to update, if I don't click later. So, do you think that Microsoft has better software engineers?

Did it again today. I happened to be watching and not getting coffee at 7:18 AM when the grey update box appeared. Luckily I was able to reach the remote and stop the update. Obviously this glitch is not on any list to solve at Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)