These HD channels are useless!

The reruns were better than some of the stuff that's being offered now. Plus, it let you see things more than once without having to use up DVR space.

I just don't understand you Voomers.
Voom is gone dead it is not coming back get over it.
I just showed runs all day long any way i believe that's why Dish dumped them in the first place.

I am not a big Voomer, although I enjoyed a few channels they had. However, I wish dish as well dumped all these pseudo-HD channels that have no HD at all.

I don't know about ya'll but my Samsung TV has a shrink and zoom function where I can take stretched SD content on HD channels, as long as it isn't really F'ed up like HGTV does, and view it in it's original aspect ratio.

Stretch-O-Vision Sucks.

The best channel VOOM service ever had was Playboy HD.

Like I said, Stretch-O-Vision is curable in most cases. Just check the settings on your TV. To be more exact I believe I can put the TV in 4X3 viewing mode.

I find the * button on the satellite remote better in some cases to changing the picture ratio's because it seems easier to use and allows me to still see the full EPG/Menu screens on the satellite receiver.

It won't fix a stretch-o-vision channel though. The only thing it'll do to an HD channel is stretch it more (useful only if you're running the SD output to an SD TV without anamorphic mode) or crop the sides to 4:3 with grey bars (useless).

Cause of school

LOL. I was going to say more like 27. Or did Kodak come up with a self-processing film stock.:rolleyes:

about 8 yrs ago I was in school getting broadcast eng degree and we had a device to play back film just for grins. It was never used on air. :D I'm sure it has been a couple of decades since any station played film on air. Why bother when you have a beta or 3/4 inch machine and of course now servers. :cool: Film at 11 really doesn't mean film at 11 or whatever time your news comes on.

Just put your TV into 4X3 mode and it will instantly undo stretch-o-vision. I'm not talking about the * button for the sat receiver. That is unless the stretch-o-vision is fisheyed or whatever like HGTV and a few other channels.

about 8 yrs ago I was in school getting broadcast eng degree and we had a device to play back film just for grins. It was never used on air. :D I'm sure it has been a couple of decades since any station played film on air. Why bother when you have a beta or 3/4 inch machine and of course now servers. :cool: Film at 11 really doesn't mean film at 11 or whatever time your news comes on.

I hate to divulge this, but I was making filmed TV commercials in 1975 and would send "release prints" to TV stations. By 1980, we were transfering prints to video. 5 years later, we were running the negative to 1". I got out of the business in '91. Thank goodness. No art to it anymore.

Just put your TV into 4X3 mode and it will instantly undo stretch-o-vision. I'm not talking about the * button for the sat receiver. That is unless the stretch-o-vision is fisheyed or whatever like HGTV and a few other channels.
MOST TVs cannot do this on HD channels. Pillar boxing on most TVs works on SD channels only.

$$$$$$$$$$$$

I hate to divulge this, but I was making filmed TV commercials in 1975 and would send "release prints" to TV stations. By 1980, we were transfering prints to video. 5 years later, we were running the negative to 1". I got out of the business in '91. Thank goodness. No art to it anymore.

And no money anymore either. Damn you sound as old as me. When you were x-ferrring film I was touring the USA (32 of 50 states) & parts of the world (Europe twice) with bands as a sound eng.