They really need to update the package channel listings on their website...

Visitor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
The Big Apple
I downgraded my package from AT250 to Dish America because all I wanted was one channel (I know, strange and expensive - but I have another provider and need KBS World from Dish).. I thoroughly checked and compared the packages on the website and KBS World is listed for Dish America as well. So, I change the package and lo and behold, I find out that not only KBS World no longer authorized, but also some other channels (like Pentagon Channel) that were listed as part of the Dish America package. So, I start an online chat with them and they apologize that the data is outdated..

She tells me that the first tier to have the channel was AT120 and I had her waive the $5 programming change fee and switched to AT120. Anyway, she was helpful and resolved my issue - but really - where can one get an accurate description of the channels that are supposed to be included with your package? I can't rely on the Dish Network site.. and I relied on that data to change my programming.

So, I'll keep AT120 for now but I guess I have to start weighing how important the channel is to me.

Hopefully DIRT will see this and relay it to their webmasters that the channel data is outdated so no others rely on wrong data for package changes only to be stymied later.

Now if someone out there who only has Dish America and is getting Channel 9394.. there will be problems. :D

KBS World is available on the EA, or on the 118 satellite, and from the Top120 and up. Note it's not available on the WA. Dish has a long history of not having the correct info on the website, to be fair I don't know if Direct is better or not. Either way, no real excuse to have as many mistakes as they seem to have over the years.

Just out of curiosity - how did you know that it's only the AT120 and up? I really couldn't find the data it anywhere (or didn't look hard enough) and relied on the Dish site which shows it for the Dish America package that is one step below AT120.

Interesting that it's not available on the WA...

KBS World is available on the EA, or on the 118 satellite, and from the Top120 and up. Note it's not available on the WA. Dish has a long history of not having the correct info on the website, to be fair I don't know if Direct is better or not. Either way, no real excuse to have as many mistakes as they seem to have over the years.
They can change the channels available to me in about two to five minutes if I change a package on the Internet, but they can't create a script to show the channels in the right package on the Internet.

Just out of curiosity - how did you know that it's only the AT120 and up? I really couldn't find the data it anywhere (or didn't look hard enough) and relied on the Dish site which shows it for the Dish America package that is one step below AT120.

Interesting that it's not available on the WA...

The Dish Channel Chart at the top of the page.

The Dish Channel Chart at the top of the page.

that, unless I'm missing something, does not give any info on dish america packages at all. every AT120 channel is listed as AT120, even if it's also on Dish America.
I'm trying to research whether a change from AT120 to DA makes sense for my sister's account, currently on AT120 with HD free for life, so far the only thing she's seen from the web site comparison she would lose that she watches is AMC, with a savings of $10 a month. Is there something else we are missing, that's not obvious on the dish channel comparison? Palladia and HDNet Movies are not shown on the comparison at all for an example, and they are in Dish America.

As what channel number? I have Dish America at home, it should be 997 according to the programming cards, not there on mine

I switched to Dish America and lost those channels. I did a web chat and they were able to turn them back on. (We lost BabyFirst and my kids panicked). These are part of the public access channels that all Dish Subscribers should get (to my knowledge) .

This happened to me in January and instill have KBS and Pentagon among others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)