They would not install my Dish 1000.4.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

reddice

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I am fuming today. I had the tech guy come and when he did he said that he could not install a EA dish because of the three 510 DVR's. I told him that it was to be installed on my 612 DVR. He refused to install it saying you get the HD channels on 61.5. He then called Dish and did a rehit and I could not let him do any work. He left after I kept arguing with him.

I called Dish up and they said that I can't have a Dish 500 and a EA Dish setup the way I like it. After I hung up on the nice lady when she explained it not even five minutes later Dish calls me up. They see that I was not pleased with them doing any work and they tried to offer me a decision. The EA Dish on the 612 while the Dish 500 on the 510's he said can be done. He then schedules someone for tomorrow. Of course I say that when the guy comes he will refuse to do the work again. He wrote on his order that it says to install it the way I want.

I will let you know tomorrow if it will happen or not but I am not a happy camper.

I am fuming today. I had the tech guy come and when he did he said that he could not install a EA dish because of the three 510 DVR's. I told him that it was to be installed on my 612 DVR. He refused to install it saying you get the HD channels on 61.5. He then called Dish and did a rehit and I could not let him do any work. He left after I kept arguing with him.

I called Dish up and they said that I can't have a Dish 500 and a EA Dish setup the way I like it. After I hung up on the nice lady when she explained it not even five minutes later Dish calls me up. They see that I was not pleased with them doing any work and they tried to offer me a decision. The EA Dish on the 612 while the Dish 500 on the 510's he said can be done. He then schedules someone for tomorrow. Of course I say that when the guy comes he will refuse to do the work again. He wrote on his order that it says to install it the way I want.

I will let you know tomorrow if it will happen or not but I am not a happy camper.

Sounds like Dish needs to have a conferance call with all their dealers and get on the same page. Either Dish does not know how to do a EA + 110 wing, or they say they do and then the installer shows up clueless. I asked if they would just send me the 1000.4 Dish and I would put in up and they say they don't ship Dishes......argh

If Dish is going to keep supporting SD receivers at all (some of us think that they shouldn't), then they should eat the cost of having a dish wired to each receiver. There's no reason that everything has to be wired to one dish.

A different guy came today and did a excellent job. He kept the two dishes the Dish 500 and the 61.5 dish connected to the three receivers on our back chimney. He then connected my Dish 1000.4 on our front chimney and now I am receiving all the channels. He did not have to leave the 510's on both dishes but he did anyway because he said you never know if they might move channels there. He even installed a new DP34 Switch for the old 510 receivers and ran two new coax lines one of them to my receiver even though there was nothing wrong with the switch but he said the lines were corroding. Overall he did a great job unlike that jerk yesterday which did nothing.

Like I said Dish customer service was great. They called me back and they really wanted me to be setup properly. It is just the local dish dealers that are horrible.

Don't insult local Dish Dealers. You got a Dish Tech from Dish Network.. Not a local Dish Dealer.. There is a very big difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)