Things that make you go hmmm...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jacksonb

Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
Canada
I have had some trouble with my dish lately in that a number of the channels break up every 10-15 seconds... the thing that's weird is that when the program screen or info screen is up, it stops.

My smart-a** friend tells me its the flux capacitor. :) Does anyone have any better ideas?

Did you try one or all three of the following rebooting processes?

1)Power button reboot-hold down on receiver till the screen goes blue and the box reboots.
2)Smart card reboot- pull out smart card & reinsert.
3)Power cord reboot-unplug the receiver ,wait a minute and plug it back in.

If all else fails add dish home protection insurance for 5.99 a month and then either get a tech out for 29.99 or replace the dvr. Once you have replaced the receiver, cancel the insurance. You can add the insurance and take it off as needed.

I have had some trouble with my dish lately in that a number of the channels break up every 10-15 seconds... the thing that's weird is that when the program screen or info screen is up, it stops.
The info screen is locally generated by the receiver, so it should at all times be perfect if your connection between receiver and TV is good. But playing a channel off the satellite requires a lot more to work right, including dish alignment and good hardware from LNB down to the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)