Think he's angry?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry for your troubles !

I hope you have contacted CEO @dishnetwork and sent them a copy of your situation.I have had very good luck with getting issues resolved through them.
On another note to the people telling you to get Renters insurance ,if your able to great but most likely in your neck of the woods it would either be not available or very expensive.

Also to all people who plan on cancelling service with Dishnetwork and they have access to your credit card,it is very important to cancel the card before cancelling service as long as you tell Dish that the card is no longer authorized and if any remaining bill it must be sent by mail for you to review before its paid.
I know its a nuisance to cancel a Credit card at your bank but heres what I do,I have a completely different credit/Debit card account that I use for bill paying,in my case I only use the Card that I pay Dish with to pay a couple of other bills,so to cancel wouldnt be a big thing and if I do it immediately after bills have been paid I have enough time to have new card issued for I can pay on time next month after contacting them to give new account info.(If your card takes longer to get to you just call the companies and ask for the Bill to be sent out to you this month while you are reorganizing your personal financial issues.)
When all is said and done you shouldnt have to do all this,but you cannot trust any Company who has your banking information on file,be very cautious to whom you give this information to.If you plan on cancelling Dish plan ahead ,dont continue to give them access.

Why is it DISH Networks problem that this guy lost everything he owned due to a Hurricane?

Seriously, this paticular customer signed a contract with DISH Network to keep his service for 24 months. The customer lost his home due to a Hurricane, the customer moved and DISH Network lost him as a customer because they could not get line of site at his new home.

DISH Network already lost money because they lost a customer, why should they also waive the equipment charges? This is why people buy insurance!

I run into this problem about once per year with customers. Their house burned down, and they automatically think that im obligated to let them out of their contract and waive all the equipment charges on their account. My question is where is your home owners insurance? The Homeowners insurance will cover it!

I had a fire at my house 3 years ago. All my equipment needed to be replaced, and I paid for it out of pocket. I didn't go crying to DISH Network about being charged for the damaged equipment, and I didn't go crying to DISH Network about time without service!

Heck, I paid for DISH Network for over a month until I was able to move into a rental place. I paid for Comcast Internet for over a month until I moved into a rental place, and I paid for (3) Pots telephone lines at my house for over a year until I had the place rebuilt!

I didn't at any time call AT&T crying about having to pay for phone lines I was not usiing. The only time I called AT&T was when I moved back into my house and I wanted then to reconnect my phone lines, as I already had the new wire run in conduit up the telephone pole and all the needed to do was connect the wires in the splice box. They where susposed to charge me, but since the technician was there only 10 minutes and the connection was at the pole after the D mark which I had already re-installed on my own I don't think they ever charged me to come out.

But seriously why is it DISH Networks problem to pay for the equipment when a hurricane damaged this guys home?

As far as cancelling your credit cards, yes it will stop them from charging you for the equipment. It still goes on your account, and if its not paid it goes to collections and on your credit report! Try to get a loan and they will make you pay them before they approve your loan, so unless you have crappy credit, or are not ever planning on buying anything on credit for the next several years cancelling your credit cards is a temporary solution to getting out of paying for the equipment.

I believe that if they tell you the call may be recorded, you have the right to also record and are not obligated to tell them.
It depends on where you live. California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington require that all parties involved in the conversation consent before you can legally record. The other states require the consent of only one party so you can legally record any conversation that you are part of without additional consent from any other parties.

Be that as it may, I would get the waiver in writing. Dish has a right to recover their money in this case. After all, you have to pay for the damage to a leased car after a hurricane - the same hold true for anything else you lease.

Thank you Claude, I totally agree with you. More and more people think it is the other peoples problem. That person was the one that decided not to get any type of insurance. Live with you discission.

this attitude of no one ever taking responisbility is why the USA is in an economic downfall. everyone thinks that corporations just have money to blow and they can simply right off all these expenses. in reality they cant. looks what happened to the mortgage industry. people borrowed more then they could afford, and the banks are going belly up do the the loans defaulting. this guy leased more equipment then he could afford to replace or insure if something bad happened, and look what happened. my renters insurance cost me 12.50 a month. and its worth every cent.

I think this guy is a boob.
Ike was AN ACT OF NATURE! Duh!
I once booked a cruise to Bermuda. Spent top dollar for a balcony deck. Unfortunately a Cat 3 hurricane nerly wiped Bermuda off the map the day before we departed. So unstead of going to tropical Bermuda, we ended up on a cruise to Canada. Not exactly the cruise I was hoping for. Had I gotten insurance, a doctor's note would have worked for a refund. But I didn't and I was SOL.

I feel bad for the guy, but gimme a break, Dish Network didn't cause Hurricane Ike.

Right off of the back of the Dish Network Residential Agreement , signed by every single customer at the time of installation.

7. LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
A. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INTERRUPTIONS IN SERVICE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE TO PERFORM, IF SUCH DELAY OR NONPERFORMANCE ARISES IN CONNECTION WITH THE TERMINATION OF ALL OR A PORTION OF THE SERVICES, THE RELOCATION OF ALL OR A PORTION OF THE SERVICES TO DIFFERENT SATELLITE(S), A CHANGE IN THE FEATURES AVAILABLE WITH YOUR DISH NETWORK DBS EQUIPMENT OR ANY ACTS OF GOD, FIRES, EARTHQUAKES, FLOODS, POWER OR TECHNICAL FAILURE, ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENTAL BODY OR ANY OTHER CAUSE BEYOND OUR CONTROL. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF RECORDED MATERIAL OR THE PREVENTION OF RECORDING DUE TO ANY FAULT, FAILURE, DEFICIENCY OR DEFECT IN SERVICES OR EQUIPMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE DISH NETWORK DBS EQUIPMENT OR ANY SERVICES FURNISHED TO YOU. ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RELATING TO THE DBS EQUIPMENT OR RESULTING FROM OUR FURNISHING OR FAILURE TO FURNISH ANY SERVICES OR EQUIPMENT TO YOU, OR FROM ANY FAULT, FAILURE, DEFICIENCY OR DEFECT IN SERVICES OR EQUIPMENT FURNISHED TO YOU.
B. It is your responsibility to impose any restrictions on viewing by you, other members of your household, or guests, and we shall have no liability to anyone due to or based on the content of any of the Services furnished to you.

WHAT AN a$$hole!!

If, during the storm, a tree fell on his car that he still owed $$ on and had no insurance. Would he argue his debt is wiped clean?

If you cannot afford renters/homeowners insurance, what are you doing with Satellite TV?? Get your sh*t together.

BTW: where is bolivar peninsula? In the USA?

I think this guy is a boob.
Ike was AN ACT OF NATURE! Duh!
I once booked a cruise to Bermuda. Spent top dollar for a balcony deck. Unfortunately a Cat 3 hurricane nerly wiped Bermuda off the map the day before we departed. So unstead of going to tropical Bermuda, we ended up on a cruise to Canada. Not exactly the cruise I was hoping for. Had I gotten insurance, a doctor's note would have worked for a refund. But I didn't and I was SOL.

I feel bad for the guy, but gimme a break, Dish Network didn't cause Hurricane Ike.

But you should have gotten a refund on that since they could not provide the cruise due to the hurricane.

Now if you had been on th cruise and the hurricane hit during the cruise, then I think it would be a different story.

Google Map

WHAT AN a$$hole!!

If, during the storm, a tree fell on his car that he still owed $$ on and had no insurance. Would he argue his debt is wiped clean?

If you cannot afford renters/homeowners insurance, what are you doing with Satellite TV?? Get your sh*t together.

BTW: where is bolivar peninsula? In the USA?

Since you seem to need help here's a link to where it is.
[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl]Google Maps[/ame]

Man, it looks like the Dish employees are out in force. I can't believe the guy took the time to type out the residential agreement...

I hope that y'all get whacked by some natural disaster soon. Maybe it'll teach you some manners.

It depends on where you live. California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington require that all parties involved in the conversation consent before you can legally record. The other states require the consent of only one party so you can legally record any conversation that you are part of without additional consent from any other parties.

Be that as it may, I would get the waiver in writing. Dish has a right to recover their money in this case. After all, you have to pay for the damage to a leased car after a hurricane - the same hold true for anything else you lease.

IN Texas it is perfectly legal to record somebody in a conversation as long as ONE of you knows that it is being recorded. So if you know that you are recording another person on the other end of the phone you are covered.

IN Texas it is perfectly legal to record somebody in a conversation as long as ONE of you knows that it is being recorded. So if you know that you are recording another person on the other end of the phone you are covered.

I'm pretty sure that's what I just said...

Technically since they have already stated that the call may be recorded haven't All parties already consented to recording of the conversation?

I can't believe how some of you people have reacted to this man's problem. He was wiped out in a hurricane that destroyed all but 20 houses in the area he lived in . Instead of any kind of sympathy or empathy you all seem to berate him on how stupid he is for not having renters insurance or any kind of insurance.

Ike was the most destructive storm Texas has ever had. It wiped clean the whole area of the Bolivar peninsula and Crystal beach , an area that I frequented every summer for the last 25 or 30 years. It also did damage in Galveston, Houston and my area of Beaumont,Pt.Arthur. He most likely has insurance but as most gulf coast residents found out in 2005 , the insurance companies are the biggest douche bags of them all. They will argue and stall and keep you tied up in courts to get out of paying any, ANY, money at all to their customers. Most likely they will require proof that there was a receiver at all and there is no proof since the poor man's HOUSE WASHED AWAY.

Ya'll have some real short attention spans about national problems that happened a few 2 and a half months ago. I hope that NONE of you ever have to go through what this man or even myself has had to go through in the last 3 years. In my area of southeast Texas , about 90 miles from this man in Galveston, we have had 3 hurricanes and 1 tropical storm: Rita,Humberto,Edwardo,Ike. Until you have lived and tried to recover from a major hurricane you can't even begin to understand the mindset of this man or anyone that has had their lives changed FOREVER. When you are trying to figure out where your next meal is coming and even where your clean drinking water is coming from & When your house with everything you own in it is wiped out to sea, the last thing you worry about is your damn DISH sat receiver.

Ya'll ought to be ashamed of yourselves-especially this time of year. What ever happened to helping your fellow man and even do on to others. And if Christian morals allude you than remember this one: Karma is a real b*tch. So remember that when ya'll suffer from a real natural disaster in the future and people react to your plight with such a sarcastic , JUDGMENTAL , hateful attitudes.:mad:

I can't believe how some of you people have reacted to this man's problem. He was wiped out in a hurricane that destroyed all but 20 houses in the area he lived in . Instead of any kind of sympathy or empathy you all seem to berate him on how stupid he is for not having renters insurance or any kind of insurance.

Ike was the most destructive storm Texas has ever had. It wiped clean the whole area of the Bolivar peninsula and Crystal beach , an area that I frequented every summer for the last 25 or 30 years. It also did damage in Galveston, Houston and my area of Beaumont,Pt.Arthur. He most likely has insurance but as most gulf coast residents found out in 2005 , the insurance companies are the biggest douche bags of them all. They will argue and stall and keep you tied up in courts to get out of paying any, ANY, money at all to their customers. Most likely they will require proof that there was a receiver at all and there is no proof since the poor man's HOUSE WASHED AWAY.

Ya'll have some real short attention spans about national problems that happened a few 2 and a half months ago. I hope that NONE of you ever have to go through what this man or even myself has had to go through in the last 3 years. In my area of southeast Texas , about 90 miles from this man in Galveston, we have had 3 hurricanes and 1 tropical storm: Rita,Humberto,Edwardo,Ike. Until you have lived and tried to recover from a major hurricane you can't even begin to understand the mindset of this man or anyone that has had their lives changed FOREVER. When you are trying to figure out where your next meal is coming and even where your clean drinking water is coming from & When your house with everything you own in it is wiped out to sea, the last thing you worry about is your damn DISH sat receiver.

Ya'll ought to be ashamed of yourselves-especially this time of year. What ever happened to helping your fellow man and even do on to others. And if Christian morals allude you than remember this one: Karma is a real b*tch. So remember that when ya'll suffer from a real natural disaster in the future and people react to your plight with such a sarcastic , JUDGMENTAL , hateful attitudes.:mad:
Sorry I don't agree. You chose to live somewhere without the proper insurance coverages. Everyone else shouldn't have to be responsible for that. More people lost lives and homes in Tornado alley USA every year and don't get squat. Thats what insurance is for. You live in a severe weather prone area you make sure your covered. Thats your responsiblity. Not E* or Mine

Sorry I don't agree. You chose to live somewhere without the proper insurance coverages. Everyone else shouldn't have to be responsible for that. More people lost lives and homes in Tornado alley USA every year and don't get squat. Thats what insurance is for. You live in a severe weather prone area you make sure your covered. Thats your responsiblity. Not E* or Mine

And in most cases, the insurance available will exclude acts of nature or the very thing you are trying to insure against.

Look into what it costs to get earthquake insurance in LA. I imagine that hurricane insurance is equally bad on the gulf coast.

Every time someone brings up a personal tragedy, a small group of libertarians starts spouting off about personal responsibility. Even if you are responsible and careful, sometimes something overwhelming occurs.

Do you honestly think that the residents of the lower nionth ward had much choice in where they lived? If so, YOU need a serious reality check.

Yes, I agree there are cases where a person has gotten in over his head through stupidity, but I honestly believe that a lot of people are trying their best.

Lighten up. The OP has gone through a tragedy and is trying to put his life back together. He asked for specific help, and really doesn't need your moralizing cr*p.

What would you do if a natural disaster hit the Uplink Center for E* and you lost your TV service. Would call E* and say your not paying? Yes you would.
But its not E* fault? Nope! Do you think they would still send you a bill for service? Doubt it.
Don't tell me there aren't insurance for just about everything. You can get your TITS insured if you want to pay for it.
Yes its sad that many people lost their homes, But the last thing I would be worried about is how much of a pain E* is being.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)