Think Hopper HD bit the dust (Dirt team time?)

Hawk88

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
USA
My Hopper was really slow this morning and it would not rewind or download a On Demand show. I reset it via red button and it came up and stayed on a black screen. I then unplugged it and it came up and wanted to format the drive. I reset it again, hoping it would go past it, as I really did not want to lose my shows. It prompted again, so I had no choice and said OK. It took a while to fully come up, and it shows that my shows are still there, but when I try to play them, they will not play. This is a first gen Hopper. I am not happy right now!!!

And you would post here, wait for a response from Dirt, rather then call tech support and get a tech with a new Hopper already scheduled ?

You should Call DISH!

Reactions: Hall
Granted, based on the symptoms he's indicated here, he would avoid the usual "diagnosis" that he'll have to do over the phone if gets DIRT to help. Otherwise, you're right, he could already have a replacement taken care of....

Hawk88, you should also take this as an opportunity to upgrade to a Hopper w/Sling. It shouldn't cost you anything out-of-pocket as long as you're willing to re-up a 2-year contract. Tell the phone rep specifically that that's what you want as otherwise you are likely to end up with another 1st-gen Hopper.

DIRT is not nearly as "present" as they used to be. They have gotten stretched too thin.

Wasn't posting to the dirt team, was asking if you think I should contact. Besides, that is why the Dirt team is here, is it not? Sorry that I didn't do what you would have done. Thanks for you 2 cents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)