Thinking about Dish, called Dish and 2 complete different quotes

wick city

Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
I've been reading this site for awhile but finally registered. Anyways, I've called Dish directly(not auth agent) and getting different pricing info. The quotes below are for a two tv set up.

First time I call, the guy tells me I can get Americas top 200+Turbo Silver+locals+722 DVR fee included for 49.99.

Second time I call in the Dish guy quoted me Amer top 200(44) + HD(10) + Locals(5) + equipment fee(5). Thats a total of 65 a month. He did tell me I could knock off the 5 dollar equipment fee if I go for the 722 receiver, but I would have to pay 50 dollars up front for this receiver, I told him I thought Dish would include this receiver at no cost, he quickly said no.

How could two phone calls to the same company produce vastly different results? I'm inclined to believe the first guy is wrong. What is the correct price?

A little back round info, I've had Directv since 1996. Pretty happy overall. I thought I would call Dish to look at another option(I don't know why but feel like something different). I just bought a HD tv, waiting on delivery.

Lastly, one more question about the Everything pack+HD. I see that the price is 94+10 for HD. Would I still pay 5 for locals and 5 for the HD DVR fee? Or, does Dish include any of the add on fees with the Everything pack.

Looking at making a final decision very soon. I would greatly appreciate any replies.

Sorry for the long post.

I run into this all the time.. The Dish CSR quotes one price, and my price is higher. The reason is that as an independent, I give the customer the real price they will actually have to pay, while the Dish CSR give a highly inaccurate price in an attempt to sell the customer.. I include any fee, or locals, or cost that will actually be incurred by the customer..

The $50.00 for the 722 is accurate also. It's the new upgrade fee that started on the last promos.. Get a 612 HDDVR if you don't want to pay the upgrade fee for the 722.. But it will only work in one room.. It's a dual tuner, but not a two room system.

Going to Dishbuilder on the Dish Network website. You'll pay $59.99 for the DVR Advantage with HD Add on. No additional equipment fees, no DVR fee (first is in DVR Advantage cost). This assumes 1st TV is HD, 2nd is SD. Receiver is 622 and there is a $50 upgrade charge, but you'll get a $50 credit on your first bill. This assumes a 24 month commitment.

The DVR fees are per receiver, but waived with America's Everything Pack. Yes, you would pay $5 for locals and $10 for HD, but get a $20 credit for 2 months for free HBO & Starz. You can also add the HD Platinum pack for $10/month, first 3 months free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)