Need help with Turbo Hd

fellagator

Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
Hello I am a newbie living in south Florida.

To start off, I signed up for Turbo HD silver on Dish Network. The installer gets to my apt and says I need two satellites. My apartment only allows one. He said he can install one and get all the HD channels like I wanted. He installs the 65.1 dish. I am missing a bunch of channels, like ESPN, TNT, SCIFI, HBO East etc. I talk to customer service and they want to send someone out to install the 72.7 dish claiming I will get all my channels this way. But in reviewing the channel listing for 72.7 I only get a hand full of HD channels. I reviewed the 110 channel listing and that looks like a better option, with more HD channels.

I also heard they are transferring channels to the 65.1 dish so I may have the channels i am missing soon. Does anybody know anything about this?

I am just really frustrated right now, I am ready to cancel and go with the local cable company.

The 72.7W "Eastern Arc" dish actually picks up three satellites including 61.5W. The problem is with the Miami HD locals that are currently located at 110W (and probably waiting for Echostar 8 to move to its new location).

So I will get the same HD channels I am getting right now plus the channels on the 72.7? If that is true then I will be very happy.

I am missing CBS and CW from my local HDs. I got an antenna for now.

I think this should get all the HD

DISH 1000.4 is capable of providing
signal from 61.5°W, 72.7°W, and 77°W¹.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts