Thinking about Dish Network...

We went with the 2 Hopper 2 joey setup , and it works good for us.

But adding the Super Joey to a Hopper with Sling will give you the Netflix app on your entire system. Which is nice if you took their Netflix Promo.
The 2 hopper setup won't give you Netflix app on the Non sling hopper.

But I'm very happy with my setup currently. I love Dishes guide and channels placement.

I have a couple small issues, my one Joey has different software version then the other Joey, and is very laggy.

The other seems to be Rain fade.
I'm wondering if I can put a bigger reflector, like from the 500+ to help out.

I've checked and peaked the dish and my signal levels are around 45-60 on 61.5 and 72.
Are those good?

That's is what I have , and again The Non Sling hopper has NO Netflix app.
Only my Hopper with sling does.
Dish told me flat out, my 2nd Hopper wouldn't be Sling version.

So do they not allow leasing of 2 Sling hoppers?

But just so there is no confusion, when you guys are telling everyone to do the 2 Hopper system instead of the super joey, You should make sure it's very Clear that a Non Sling loaded Hopper doesn't have Netflix option built in and that Non Sling loaded hopper is Going to be your second Hopper.

This is Very important when Dish is Running a Promo with Netflix .

To clear up the confusion to any readers here.... Any Joey connected to a Hopper with internal sling can have access to Netflix. Any hopper2000 or Joey linked to hopper 2000(you can change which is linked through the menus) will not have access to Netflix. If you got installed recently, you likely have HWS, not H2K, and if you upgraded one hopper when they first came out(likely due to upgrade costs) then you'll have only one set that is Netflix capable.

Reactions: Troch77
Most Customers will not experience this.

But for some reason when Signing up a 2 hopper system, Dish will only Give you one Hopper with Sling.

So most Single Hopper Households and SuperJoey households will never have this issue because chances are High their Hopper is the Sling loaded version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts