Thinking about dumping BB@Home

I still get value from my BB@H sub for several reasons. Since Encore Suspense and Starz Cinema are a part of it, I can watch all of the online or On Demand stuff that Encore and Starz offer without paying for those two packages. That saves me $8 right there. And I only live a couple of blocks from a BBV store, so thanks to trade-ins, I'm getting two discs per week. My wife loves Pixl and Hallmark Movie Channel and she'd get pissed at me for dropping them. You all are right about Epix though. Very slow in getting new movies and after 90 days it gets added to Netflix (and now Amazon Prime). As of right now, I won't be dropping BB@H. But I certainly understand everyone who is disappointed in it.

Where are you seeing this? I still only see it with the Blockbuster package.
They moved HDMovies into the regular packages after they dropped AMC. On the the controversial "replacement" channels.

I still have HDNet Movies on 130 with AT200, and I dropped BB@H in July
clip_image001.gif

They moved HDMovies into the regular packages after they dropped AMC. On the the controversial "replacement" channels.

Thanks, guys, that is good news. I think I will be cutting the ties with BB@home and go back to Netflix at the beginning of October.

Yea the in store exchange was nice and I think made it better than Netflix. The problem is that they closed all the blockbuster stores in my area.

I used to know the location only 6 of them near to my house, they are all closed as of today.
BB@Home is worth the $10 a month, but it does have a shelf life of a couple months.

Mochuf said:
I still get value from my BB@H sub for several reasons. Since Encore Suspense and Starz Cinema are a part of it, I can watch all of the online or On Demand stuff that Encore and Starz offer without paying for those two packages. That saves me $8 right there. And I only live a couple of blocks from a BBV store, so thanks to trade-ins, I'm getting two discs per week. My wife loves Pixl and Hallmark Movie Channel and she'd get pissed at me for dropping them. You all are right about Epix though. Very slow in getting new movies and after 90 days it gets added to Netflix (and now Amazon Prime). As of right now, I won't be dropping BB@H. But I certainly understand everyone who is disappointed in it.

Pixl and Hallmark Movie Channel are in the $5/month Heartland Package along with GSN, OWN, The Hub, Hallmark, Baby TV, RFD-TV, and Rural TV.

Pixl also is included in some of the Dish Latino packages like Dos and Max.

It seems that BB@Home works well for you and your wife, though.

Let it go. You can always get it back at a later time. I recently dropped BB@Home and took on the HBO 1/2 price for six months. Plus I'm watching HBO Go and a lot of Netflix. Once the HBO offer is up, I'll probably resume disc rental with Netflix.

In anticipation of the 1/2 price HBO and Sho going to full-price shortly, I dropped the 2nd disc option from BB@H, as well as dropping down from AT250 to AT200. But, I think I'll keep BB for now, as I do like some of those channels. I will make the final decision when my BB goes to the full $10 at the end of Oct.

I still have BB. I basically have everything EPIX 1,2,3 and RETRO plex has showed on EHD. They do not refresh their movies very often. i mean how many times can I watch
CAPTAIN AMERICA. What I mean to say is at least HBO /cinemax changes up their movies a bit even if they are older ones.

I still have BB. I basically have everything EPIX 1,2,3 and RETRO plex has showed on EHD. They do not refresh their movies very often. i mean how many times can I watch
Conservative estimate, about 30 times a month.

GaryPen said:
In anticipation of the 1/2 price HBO and Sho going to full-price shortly, I dropped the 2nd disc option from BB@H, as well as dropping down from AT250 to AT200. But, I think I'll keep BB for now, as I do like some of those channels. I will make the final decision when my BB goes to the full $10 at the end of Oct.

Check with dish csr for extension of 1/2 price for premiums. I got that for hbo & decided to let go the starz

Since I dropped it three days ago...almost for got I dropped it.

Jhon69 said:
Yea what's the deal with HDNet Movies? I have been getting it in my ATHD120?:confused:

HDNet Movies is the replacement channel for AMC on channel 130. Maybe Dish decided to give it to all subs. Otherwise, you may have a free offer for BB@Home if getting it on channel 383. If not, then you may be lucky in that Dish may be giving it to you.

Also, AXS is the replacement channel for IFC on channel 131 although those with AT120 and above already had it on channel 362. In addition, Style is the replacement channel for We TV on channel 128 (SD) and channel 9605 (HD).

Last edited:
HDNet Movies is the replacement channel for AMC on channel 130. Maybe Dish decided to give it to all subs. Otherwise, you may have a free offer for BB@Home if getting it on channel 383. If not, then you may be lucky in that Dish may be giving it to you.

Also, AXS is the replacement channel for IFC on channel 131 although those with AT120 and above already had it on channel 362. In addition, Style is the replacement channel for We TV on channel 128 (SD) and channel 9605 (HD).

Appreciate the information Thanks!.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)