Thinking about dumping BB@Home

I think it's inevitable that prices will increase in February.

I just hope that DISH doesn't hit us with Additional receiver price increases ,especially on the HOPPER. So many of us added second hoppers to our accounts ,because it was the same price as a joey, but I would really hate to see DISH decide to hike the price of second hoppers to say $17.00 like the dual tuner dvrs today. That would be a real sneak attack if so. Lure people to add 2 hoppers with your cheap policy , then hike it to the hills by February. I could see a lot of outraged, disgruntled, subs if this happens.:eek:

HDNet Movies is the replacement channel for AMC on channel 130. Maybe Dish decided to give it to all subs. Otherwise, you may have a free offer for BB@Home if getting it on channel 383. If not, then you may be lucky in that Dish may be giving it to you.

Also, AXS is the replacement channel for IFC on channel 131 although those with AT120 and above already had it on channel 362. In addition, Style is the replacement channel for We TV on channel 128 (SD) and channel 9605 (HD).

who else loves having 2 style channels? oh yeah!

No kidding. But if it goes by number of tuners, that extra Hopper fee would be $21. :eek:
No, the ViP pricing model is based on outlets AND tuners, not just tuners. How I see it, that's why the 612 is only $10, $3 for each tuner, $4 for the outlet. 622/722 is $6 for 2 tuners, $4 for the first outlet, and $7 for the additional outlet. That justifies the $7 fee for the joey, as it's considered an additional outlet from the Hopper. So using that model, an additional Hopper should be $9 for the 3 tuners, and $7 for the additional outlet, which is $16. I hope they don't use the full ViP pricing model for the Hoppers.

Thank you for clarifying my thinking. Agree with the point that I should have said "outlet" or "experience", rather than tuners. But where did you get all that extra detail on these receiver costs? I think Dish breaks it out for all pre-Hopper receivers like so:

Solo: $7
Duo: $14
DVR adds $3

So, given you can get 4 different experiences ;) with a Hopper, an extra Hopper could have cost us 4 X $7 + $3 = $31. Three of these experiences can only be enjoyed on a Joey, so if we keep each Joey at $7, then an additional Hopper might (by Dish's logic) cost 1 X $7 + $3 (since it's a DVR) = $10.

Obviously "Dish logic" is an oxymoron.

I extrapolated detail based on known quantities: $7 for 1 tuner, 1 outlet 211, $10 for 2 tuner, 1 outlet 612 (comparing the two which makes tuner price $3). 222 (2 outlets, 2 tuners) $14, which adds $4 from the 612 for the extra outlet. 622/722 are the only outliers in that the only difference between a 222 and a 622 is the DVR, so like you said, add $3 for DVR (but then that doesn't explain the 612). Either way you look at it, mine or yours, there are going to be some outliers.

I'd rather use your method (ignore tuner costs) for the Hopper: $7 for Solo (since it only serves 1 TV) + $3 for DVR = $10.

On second thought, your method is simpler and more accurate...scratch everything I said above, except to show how came up with my crazy calculations. I over-thunked it.

Can I use a USB thumb drive as external storage on VIP722?

Hopper EHD Error Code 1003

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)