Thinking about getting Dish TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vik

Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
USA
We moved into our new home few months ago.. and now are thinking about getting dish network satellite service.. presently, we have 4 TVs that are mounted on walls and and one TV which is on a stand which can support the satellite receiver. All TVs are connected with the internal coax wiring and there are also ethernet ports by them. My issue is how to connect all of these with one satellite receiver.. we are only two people in the house.. so, we will not be watching more than two channels at one time..
btw, all our TVs are HDs..
has anyone had a similar issue.. help, please!
please note - I cannot have more than one dish receiver

well if there is only two of you i would say you should get a 222. this is one box that works two tvs individually. one will be hd one will be sd. 722 if you want dvr. no the problem is since you dont want a box at each tv you will on get a mirrored image on the mounted tvs due to the lack of a hdmi port. if there is two ethernet jacks behind the tv you can get a wallplate that carries hd signal over two ethernet lines and converts it to a hdmi signal at the wall plate and where ever you would have the box located. but if you want hd at each location you are going to have a box at each location.

Take a look at Direct TV, they have a "Whole house" set-up, but even there I think you will need more than one receiver. Dish at this time does not have a whole house system.
If you can not have more than one receiver, one receiver will not provide you a signal to all of them in HD. Depending on TV locations, one receiver could give two TV's an HD signal, but the second would have to watch what the first is watching. You would use a "one into two" HDMI splitter. Or, you could send a second TV an HD signal with component cables, still mirroring what the first TV sees however.

What did you or do you have for service now?

Last edited:
There is one other option however this will be quite expensive to do. You could get an HD baluns system and convert the HDMI output into CAT5e ethernet feeds and use another converter at each set not near a receiver to convert it back to HDMI. Total cost though you're looking at spending somewhere in the neighborhood of a grand or so to get it setup.

There is one other option however this will be quite expensive to do. You could get an HD baluns system and convert the HDMI output into CAT5e ethernet feeds and use another converter at each set not near a receiver to convert it back to HDMI. Total cost though you're looking at spending somewhere in the neighborhood of a grand or so to get it setup.
thanks for repeating my post

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10425&cs_id=1042501&p_id=6177&seq=1&format=2

Not sure if this will paste correctly from my phone, but there have been hdmi over ethernet wallplates for a couple of years. Some will have a power plug on the outside of the plate for an external power supply if you are running a long distance. If you want to spend some money you can look at hdmi over coax.

You usually have to knock the back of the wall box out or if it is new construction use the backless low voltage boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have Time Warner right now (basic cable with no receiver); How do I split the HD feed out of the receiver? If I use an HDMI Splitter, how do I carry the signal to the other room? All TVs are connected with either Ethernet or coax, but there is no possibility of running additional wiring(HDMI or Composite) to the other TVs.. these are far away from each other..

Take a look at Direct TV, they have a "Whole house" set-up, but even there I think you will need more than one receiver. Dish at this time does not have a whole house system.
If you can not have more than one receiver, one receiver will not provide you a signal to all of them in HD. Depending on TV locations, one receiver could give two TV's an HD signal, but the second would have to watch what the first is watching. You would use a "one into two" HDMI splitter. Or, you could send a second TV an HD signal with component cables, still mirroring what the first TV sees however.

What did you or do you have for service now?

I have Time Warner right now (basic cable with no receiver); How do I split the HD feed out of the receiver? If I use an HDMI Splitter, how do I carry the signal to the other room? All TVs are connected with either Ethernet or coax, but there is no possibility of running additional wiring(HDMI or Composite) to the other TVs.. these are far away from each other..

For only $15.54 each when QTY 50+ purchased - HDMI over CAT5E / CAT6 Extender Wall Plate (Pair) - Single Port (1P) - White (Rev. 1.2) | HDMI Wall Plates

Not sure if this will paste correctly from my phone, but there have been hdmi over ethernet wallplates for a couple of years. Some will have a power plug on the outside of the plate for an external power supply if you are running a long distance. If you want to spend some money you can look at hdmi over coax.

You usually have to knock the back of the wall box out or if it is new construction use the backless low voltage boxes.

this does look interesting.. i will have to do some research on this...does any one have first hand experience with using this product. Quite honestly, with so many folks instaling their flat plasmas on the walls, I am surprised that my issue is so unique.. I was so sure that this would be simple to resolve ;)

I haven't used these newer wallplates. I have done several other special setups though with cat 6 and component video baluns. They work well.

You might look at a zeevee box too. It is pricey but would allow you to send an HD signal from your box out to your other tvs over coax. It takes the component output from your receiver and modulates it on a qam cable channel for distribution throughout your house. www.zeevee.com I think is the web address.

Your tvs would have to have a cable tuner built in which most do.

Then there is no good way to do that. You would need to run an HDMI cable, which in many instances is not reasonably done. You split the feed with a short length of HDMI cable coming out of the one HDMI output on the receiver, into the splitter. Then there will be two HDMI outputs on the splitter, one would go to the TV right there, the other would go to whatever other source you want. (Second TV, Audio receiver, etc...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)