thinking about leaving cmcast for dish

luis2k10

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
thinking about leaving comcast for dish

ok maybe you guys can help me out....
My dad had Dish Network around 2001 - 2002 and then he cancelled after his one year contract ended. I have comcast cable on my name. My dad still has all the old equipment Dish 500 and 301 receiver from then. Now my question is is it possible for me to call dish and then try and put my dads account in my name so that I can pay it myself. I know that Dish still has my dads info since I can still login onto the account info on the dishnetwork website.

well thanks

Well, your dad's account is closed, so if you want you could just activate the receivers under a new account of your own, that way you don't need to pay a reconnect fee of course, the thing I wonder is why not sign up just as a new customer and get new equipment?

You'd be able to at least get a 625 (and depending on how you sign up (ala a contract), that 625 would be yours at the end of said contract) -- or lease said equipment "for free" with no contract, either way, that and a dish 1000 (or 2 500s if needed for locals OR a single 500) -- and installation...

I don't see a reason to skip all that for a 301 and a 500 that might have non-dishpro LNBs anyway. All up to you, though :)

FWIW: You might miss on demand if you have digital cable but you'll love the boxes :)

OoTLink said:
625 would be yours at the end of said contract
First I've ever heard of that. :cool:

All 625s I've ever heard of are leased (permanently) or purchased (outright, up front).

I've never known E* to have a "lease-purchase" contract.

Simon, I guess I'm wrong then lol. I've heard before that if you go through some retail places vs dish, they "give" you the equipment vs leasing it.

Didn't make sense to me either, oh well.

You may want to rethink joining dish network. I have dish and for the past 4 weeks, I loose the 110 satellite from Saturday about noon until Monday morning. That means you do not get the local stations and none of the sports. Football games are on the 110 satellite and I have had to go to Comcast to watch them. College and Pro including golf. They are zapping them for the weekend and I can only guess they want me to upgrade my subscription to all sports. 4 weeks in a row during the exact same time frames is no coincident.

wahoo2 said:
You may want to rethink joining dish network. I have dish and for the past 4 weeks, I loose the 110 satellite from Saturday about noon until Monday morning. That means you do not get the local stations and none of the sports. Football games are on the 110 satellite and I have had to go to Comcast to watch them. College and Pro including golf. They are zapping them for the weekend and I can only guess they want me to upgrade my subscription to all sports. 4 weeks in a row during the exact same time frames is no coincident.
Your problem is simply with the install. If you don't know how to fix this yourself, call Dish and have them come fix it for you. This is not a problem that subscribers experience.

SimpleSimon said:
First I've ever heard of that. :cool:

All 625s I've ever heard of are leased (permanently) or purchased (outright, up front).

I've never known E* to have a "lease-purchase" contract.

The 625's are leased the 522 are yours to keep. That's the way I understood it anyway.

mikew said:
Your problem is simply with the install. If you don't know how to fix this yourself, call Dish and have them come fix it for you. This is not a problem that subscribers experience.

If it is doing it from Saturday to Monday in the same time frame and not during the rest of the week, it doesn't sound like an install issue. If it was an install issue then it would do it all the time.

Personally I hated Dish and do not have it any more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)