Thinking about moving from Directv to Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I haven't related ALL the various conversations I've had on multiple occasions with various Dish people... Trust me, I've gotten DRASTICALLY different answers from different people, and attempted to confirm what I'm being told, here. Often with the responses in forums indicating that what I was told by Dish was less than "absolutely accurate" (is that more comfortable than "lied" to?

For example, that I COULD ABSOLUTELY (repeatedly assured by the person with whom I was speaking) get A WIRELESS JOEY, put it in the RV, have it talk to the satellite AND ENABLE ME TO PLAY RECORDED CONTENT FROM THE HOPPER AT HOME WHEN ON THE ROAD. No NEED to record anything in the RV, NO NEED TO HAVE ANY INTERNET CONNECTION. Just use the JOEY which will HAVE AS AN OPTION the ability to "access the content in the Living room Hopper". I REPEATEDLY asked the person If he was ABSOLUTELY certain this would work, AND WAS TOLD EVERY TIME, "YES"...

After being told in a forum that what I was told was complete, utter excrement, I had a different Dish person tell me a 612 and a Hopper could be on the same account and I could ABSOLUTELY receive and record local channels WHEREVER we are... I BELIEVE she was referring to me calling Dish daily to have the switch the service address to provide the local channels 'cause when we're traveling, we move fairly frequently, though I REPEATEDLY indicated we'd need to get MULTIPLE local channels from the OTA adapter.

However, if people in here can confirm that a call to Dish 2 or 3 times a week will result in an immediate change of whatever is needed and access to local channels wherever we are, even if a DAILY call, I'm good with that. That means the phone gets ANSWERED, there's no arguing, whining or complaining, they just MAKE THE CHANGE and it takes effect very quickly (that'd be a maximum of a few minutes, not hours or days)... Of course, we were told the same thing by the sales people at Directv and found out the first time we did it that "NO, WE DON'T ALLOW THAT", followed by discussion, arguing, repeated transfers, more transfers, much time sitting on hold, and NO local channels while sitting in East Overshoe...

I also need to be CERTAIN whatever gets changed WON'T HAVE ANY ADVERSE IMPACT ON THE HOPPER AT HOME AND IT'S ACCESS TO THE "FER REAL" LOCAL CHANNELS...

Unfortunately, if it's gonna be at least another half year before Dish gets their equipment working, it sounds like I'm stuck with Directv for the near future.

On the other hand, if the OP goes with the ViP722k at both locations, they can both be on the same account. The additional receiver fee would be $17, and the DVR fee would be $10, which is $5 cheaper than the regular price of the Hopper DVR fee. So, a total of $27 in fees, compared to $29 with the Hopper + two ViP211k solution suggested previously.
I should add to this that if you want to use two ViP722k's (one at home and one in the RV) you should get that installed and activated this weekend if you want the $10 per month DVR fee. Next week, the fee on ViP DVRs increases to $15 per month, but existing subscribers before January 17 stay at $10 per month. So, if you wait, that would be $32 in monthly fees with the two ViP722k solution. In that case, you might be better off waiting until the two Hopper solution will work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)