Thinking about the 508..need some advice

Iceberg said:
I got my tracking # from Claude this morning, and to ship to MN should only be 2 days :)

I have a TV in the bedroom so I'll just use the coax out and run it into the combiner I have that combines the OTA and satellite. I probably will need to get a 2nd remote too :D
Make sure it's the right kind of 'combinner' - you don't want to be transmitting your receiver's output back up over your OTA antenna. :no

SimpleSimon said:
Make sure it's the right kind of 'combinner' - you don't want to be transmitting your receiver's output back up over your OTA antenna. :no

Now why wouldn't I want to do that :D

Nah...its a legit one...using it right now to run an antenna and ExpressVu to the computer room

sigcomb.gif

I don't quite see how that'll work to bring the OTA inside along with the satellite feed and so forth - but you seem to have it together and I probably ain't seeing the whole picture. Happy connecting!

Simon
Sometimes I have problems figuring out what is connected to what. In one little area, I have the following

4 satellite receivers (Dish, ExpressVu, C/KU and FTA)
4 VCR's
DVD player

All running to a 32" TV and most everything is interconnected to each other.

What I am looking at getting next is an MTS stereo capable UHF modulator. Using one of those I can inject the signal along with the RF coming from the antenna. That way I will have RF channels from the antenna as well as a stereo feed from my 508 going to both TVs. With my system as currently configured I have no RF from the antenna; we are watching nothing but satellite. Currently that's not a problem but at some point I want to switch out one or both of the 301s with an HD-capable receiver like the 811, mainly for the higher quality digital OTA channels. Here in the Inland Empire we have alot of digital OTA to choose from - from LA, Palm Springs, San Diego, and (weather permitting) Bakersfield and Ventura/Oxnard. I can't wait to get my hands on an OTA HD tuner - and I don't even have an HDTV yet.

yeah....

Its funny because in the bedroom the TV is hooked up to the antenna
the computer room has just the antenna
The living room is the pride & joy

But it sucks when I have to reset a receiver or swap something out...makes it a real b*tch behind the ent. center :)

dlsnyder said:
What I am looking at getting next is an MTS stereo capable UHF modulator. Using one of those I can inject the signal along with the RF coming from the antenna. That way I will have RF channels from the antenna as well as a stereo feed from my 508 going to both TVs. With my system as currently configured I have no RF from the antenna; we are watching nothing but satellite. Currently that's not a problem but at some point I want to switch out one or both of the 301s with an HD-capable receiver like the 811, mainly for the higher quality digital OTA channels. Here in the Inland Empire we have alot of digital OTA to choose from - from LA, Palm Springs, San Diego, and (weather permitting) Bakersfield and Ventura/Oxnard. I can't wait to get my hands on an OTA HD tuner - and I don't even have an HDTV yet.
Sounds like you want a 921 - at least after they start working for OTA.

Iceberg said:
yeah....

Its funny because in the bedroom the TV is hooked up to the antenna
the computer room has just the antenna
The living room is the pride & joy

But it sucks when I have to reset a receiver or swap something out...makes it a real b*tch behind the ent. center :)

I'd like to see a picture of the LR rig. Can you post something to the "member theaters" forum?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)