Thinking Choice Xtra - Changes 2/9 between Xtra & Xtra Classic

Status
Please reply by conversation.
oncewaslost said:
The Choice Xtra package currently does not list my locals. I wonder if they have been removed or just omitted? None of the other packages show them either.

Mine doesn't either but I'm HSP so it never showed them to begin with

RandallA said:
Well that stinks! :) I like adding that HD pack online. :D

I said the same, from what I have been told you have to cancel now over the phone but hopefully still be able to add online :)

Wonder if now , D* is gonna charge you for talking to a CSR, seeing they are taking away the ability to change programming on your own ... another way to make money.

Tell us we can't change it online, but we have to pay to have a CSR do it for us.

Wait times are long enough, can't wait to see what they look like once something like this takes place.

Reading this made me check my account online to do the extra pack remove/re add move. I noticed something that I have not noticed before.
Since when does D* charge a fee for calling to remove a premium? I removed Showtime, Starz, and the Sports Pack yesterday, and today see a $10 fee for doing so. Is this new? I was not informed of such a fee, and am about to make a call about it.

Reading this made me check my account online to do the extra pack remove/re add move. I noticed something that I have not noticed before.
Since when does D* charge a fee for calling to remove a premium? I removed Showtime, Starz, and the Sports Pack yesterday, and today see a $10 fee for doing so. Is this new? I was not informed of such a fee, and am about to make a call about it.

Have you had any of them less than 1 month? I thought they only charged you if you cancelled within 30 days or something.

I was thinking the same that its been less then a month....I HOPE that is the reason and they are becoming few crazy

Ice,
Keep in mind, when your package changes to the classic you will no longer be able to make programming changes online. You will not be able to remove the HD Extra and add it back yourself.

hell right now I cant do ANYTHING....when I log inot my account I see this

We're sorry, but because of your base package you cannot change your programming online. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-DIRECTV.

this morning I could see all the packages like Premier, Ultimate, and Entertainment

hell right now I cant do ANYTHING....when I log inot my account I see this

We're sorry, but because of your base package you cannot change your programming online. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-DIRECTV.

this morning I could see all the packages like Premier, Ultimate, and Entertainment
I told you that was going to happen. This has always been the case with me since I have always had a grandfathered package. Grandfathered packages cannot make changes online (that is why I gave you the heads up about the HD Extra Package).

DK
Now that the site is fixed I can go in there and add programming and change stuff if I want.
The HD extra pack if I roll my mouse over it, it shows this (I readded it yesterday)

You cannot remove this product online within 30 days of activation. Please call 1-800-DIRECTV if you would like to remove it for a fee. After 30 days, you can remove it online without a fee.

so maybe Xtra Classic is grandfathered but not clamped down like the older grandfathered plans?

DK
Now that the site is fixed I can go in there and add programming and change stuff if I want.
The HD extra pack if I roll my mouse over it, it shows this (I readded it yesterday)

You cannot remove this product online within 30 days of activation. Please call 1-800-DIRECTV if you would like to remove it for a fee. After 30 days, you can remove it online without a fee.

so maybe Xtra Classic is grandfathered but not clamped down like the older grandfathered plans?
I still cannot do this. Maybe because I was Total Choice Plus originally.

When I select remove it says, "Please call 1-800-DIRECTV to remove." I would bet that the 30 message is default for anyone who made the change in less than 30 days and after 30 days you will ge the same message I am currently getting.

Last edited:
Have you had any of them less than 1 month? I thought they only charged you if you cancelled within 30 days or something.
Thats what I was thinking as well, but all of them have been on there longer than a month. Starz and Showtime for close to a year. The sports pack was a recent addition, but still over a month.

Thats what I was thinking as well, but all of them have been on there longer than a month. Starz and Showtime for close to a year. The sports pack was a recent addition, but still over a month.
Scott keeps track of dish's secret fee increases..its a shame he can't do the same for directv

DodgerKing said:
I still cannot do this. Maybe because I was Total Choice Plus originally.

When I select remove it says, "Please call 1-800-DIRECTV to remove." I would bet that the 30 message is default for anyone who made the change in less than 30 days and after 30 days you will ge the same message I am currently getting.

Check to see what happens 30 days from now, it seems with the price changes, they have reset the system.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Have you given them a call yet? I am really interested to hear what they have to say about this, doesn't seem like you should have been charged.

So I have the choice xtra pack, which was just gradfathered, and I also have the 'HD Extra Pack' that I am about a month or so into my '$0 for 3 month' deal. I just went online and tried to remove it and it warns me saying 'Before you can make any changes to your account you are required to change your package. You have an older package that does not support the programming/service you have selected.'.

I assume this is the message you are taking about that would require a call into a rep to remove?

So I have the choice xtra pack, which was just gradfathered, and I also have the 'HD Extra Pack' that I am about a month or so into my '$0 for 3 month' deal. I just went online and tried to remove it and it warns me saying 'Before you can make any changes to your account you are required to change your package. You have an older package that does not support the programming/service you have selected.'.

I assume this is the message you are taking about that would require a call into a rep to remove?
Yes. Those with grandfathered packages cannot make changes online.

I have the select package. I thought it was a grandfathered package, yet they just let me remove the HD Extra Pack and then add it back again on line.

Yes. Those with grandfathered packages cannot make changes online.

So just call in and have them remove HD Extra Pack instead of changing base programming? As long as they don't charge to remove it.

Thanks for the info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)