Thinking of a switch to Dish, but got some questions..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dr0doom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
Hello. I currently have Cox cable, and was thinking about switching to Dish (new customer). I have a few questions for the forum. Thanks in advance for any help.

1) I went to a couple of "build your system" websites, and got conflicting charges on receivers. I want 1 722K (no dvr), and 1 211K. One site said there were no extra charges, and one said $7 per month charge for the 211K. Which is it?

2) I'm thinking of getting the top-200 pkg, but noticed that the top-120+ had Fox Soccer (I would want that). Is Fox Soccer not included in the more expensive 200 pkg?

3) I have my own personal DVR (PVR), and was wondering if I used the TV2 output on the 722K to feed it, is there any electronic encryption on the signal that would prevent me from recording from it?

4) Is the signal quality on the locals good quality and in high-def, or would I be better off combining an OTA antenna for local channels?

1. 722K is free, plus $7 for the 211K
  2. Fox soccer IS included in higher tiers
  3. As of now, TV2 is okay to record into your PVR
  4. Signals and PQ are great, but you can never go wrong by having OTA as well.
I want 1 722K (no dvr),
the 722k IS a dvr with an extra 6 bucks account level fee.

1. 722K is free, plus $7 for the 211K
  2. Fox soccer IS included in higher tiers
  3. As of now, TV2 is okay to record into your PVR
  4. Signals and PQ are great, but you can never go wrong by having OTA as well.
the 722k IS a dvr with an extra 6 bucks account level fee.

One extra note on recording from the TV2 output (whether you get a 722k or a 222k) is to make sure your TV tuner card in your PC supports NTSC signals or you can do a long run of RCA cables. I have seen some newer PC tuner cards that support ATSC but not NTSC.

Fox Soccer is not included in the AT200 package which the op is looking for. Fox Soccer is part of AT120+, AT250+ & DL Dos & Max package. Besides it is also included as part of multi-sport package.

Op...if you are not interested in Dish DVR...I suggest you go with Vip222K.

Vip722K will allow you to add sling if you are interested in that. With Vip211k..(for a one time fee I believe)...you can add an EHD to it & convert it to a DVR also & if you get 722k...you already have a DVR with it.

AS told above...722K will attract a $6 DVR fees.

As others have said the 722k is a dvr. It can record 2 different Dish feeds at a time. Add the ota module, if you have an antenna, to receive/record the subchannels that Dish doesn't feed. Depending on where you live, you might be able to pick up a 2nd cities locals. Rochester, NY is my locals on Dish, but I also get Syracuse with my rooftop antenna and sometimes Buffalo. You can add an external HD to both the 722 and the 211. There is no charge for the 722 but there is a 1 time account fee for the 211. The 211 is then turned into a dvr where you can pause, rewind etc and record 1 Dish feed and 1 ota feed at the same time.

Dish may not have all your locals in HD, especially PBS. HERE's the list, if you want to check your market. Even if they do have them all in HD, OTA is a great supplement, allowing you 4 simultaneous recordings at a time (2 sat and 2 OTA), especially handy with the new fall season starting. Even in my relatively small market, I get at least 20 subchannels, including music, weather, and content from RTV and MyTV, all nicely integrated into the 722's guide.

Just a simple clarification ... the FIRST receiver on your account is included. The 2nd and other receivers are what cost you per/month.

The 722k is 17 dollars normally, the 211k is $7 dollars normally .... they normally put the more expensive receiver as the first/primary receiver.. so you'd get the 17 dollar receiver for free. There would still be the 6 dollar DVR fee ... that as stated is per account ... so one DVR fee allows you to have three or more DVR receivers. Just like the above mentioned 40 dollar one time fee ... it turns the 211k into a DVR receiver, but you wouldn't incur a 6 dollar DVR fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts