Thinking of cancelling Dish

iamauser

Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
So, I'm thinking of cancelling my Dish service - Ive had it in vacation mode for several months while building a house, and to be honest, I don't really think it's worth setting it back up. I'm well over the 1-year committment, probably closer to 2-3. The equipment is theirs, so I know I'll have to send that back (presumably just the receivers? - two HDs).

I'm curious though - if I ever sign up again down the road, how long before I'm considered a "new customer" with regards to getting a decent deal on hardware? I've seen in other posts that there's a $25 re-activation fee, but that's pretty trivial compared to having to buy a receiver retail or such.

Any thoughts on what to expect would be appreciated. I'd rather hear it unbiasedly from you guys, than a retention CSR trying to scare me into keeping it. :)

Thanks!

well it depends....since you lease right now you mentioned they have your ssn probably on file so you wouldn't be a new customer again. If you decide to sign back up, have your wife use her info :)

I own my equipment so I don't get the new customer promos for equipment but I was able to get the programming discounts when I resigned back up (but Dish couldnt find my original account :rolleyes: :)

I'm not looking for HD - I'm looking for no TV. :)

So down the road, would I have to buy equipment, or just pay a lease fee .. or just not get any discounts on programming?

Yeah, 6mo would be no problem. I don't really anticipate ever signing back up again anyway, just like to know what the catches are. So are there any downsides to a formers dha?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)