Thinking of coming back to Dish - Best Offers?

jetsetter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
I was with Dish for 7 years before I left for FIOS over 2 1/2 years ago. I am interested in coming back to DISH again, due to their huge list of International Programming - that does not seem to be be available anywhere else - plus, my VZ promo rates are now finished :)

I went through their website to get a feel for offers - but can't seem any specifics - when I select channels, it just asks for # of TV's and does not let me select more than one Hopper - I would like 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys or maybe even 3 Hoppers and 1 Joey - and their costs were not available either...

So, what are my best options as a New Customer? Go directly through them or via a retailer? What offer should I expect?

BTW, I still have my 722K and 612 receivers when I was customer in the past - I am assuming that since Dish leases them, I will get new ones now - and these are pretty worthless...If not, then please let me know as well.

Thanks

In my current setup, I have 3 TV's with 2 Whole House DVR's and 1 HD Receiver. All are HD and all TV's can access all the programming from the other DVR's. I am getting a new TV now - so, need a 4th one as well.

Last edited:
Hi, I would be happy to answer your questions about returning to DISH. You can get a 2 Hopper and 2 Joey install but directly with DISH the 3 hopper/1 Joey would not be an option. Currently as a qualifying new Customer you would be able to get the first Hopper free with the AT120 or higher programming and it would be $99.00 for the second Hopper. The Joeys would be included. You would pay for the package price and then $21.00 in receiver fees and $10.00 for the DVR fee.

The receivers you have 9722k & 612) are good HD DVR receivers and if you own them they can be sold and at a fairly decent price. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Just to add, Dish will not allow any other receiver on your account if you have a Hopper other than another Hopper or Joeys.

Tampa8 said:
Just to add, Dish will not allow any other receiver on your account if you have a Hopper other than another Hopper or Joeys.

Except for an owned 211/211k.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)