Thinking of coming back to dish

timmmy

Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Currently have directv. I have 2 HiDef tvs one with dvr, one without and would like to keep this setup. If I order from dish can I request a pip receiver for just the one dvr tv? Would this result in a higher lease fee if i can get this?

Thanks for any assistance.

Currently have directv. I have 2 HiDef tvs one with dvr, one without and would like to keep this setup. If I order from dish can I request a pip receiver for just the one dvr tv? Would this result in a higher lease fee if i can get this?

Thanks for any assistance.

If you were to get a 622/722 (PIP capable in single output mode)you would have pip for one TV and it would be included in the price of the package. If you want to use both the HD output to one TV and the independent SD output to another TV you lose the PIP ability until you push the button on the front which will cause the second output to mirror the first (Just don't switch back and forth when recording). Any additional receivers would cost at least $7.00 per month(depending on number of independent outputs and built in hard drive or not). Yu would also pay a $6.00 per account DVR fee.

One thing you could do is get a 211(Single tuner HD receiver similar to the H20-24 series) for the second TV which would cost $7 per month, activate the External Hard Drive Option (One time $40) fee, attach a USB 2.0 hard drive and you have a single tuner DVR on the second TV. Also the $40 will enable you to attach external drives to your 622/722 to increase capacity. The only downside is you can't swap the externals between the 211 and the 622/722

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)