Thinking of getting HD

FredC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
Chicago, IL
Hello all. I need a little help from the experts. First, I wasn't sure to post this here or on the HD thread, but I thought either way I should be ok. Anyway, ny current setup is as follows:

Dish 500 w/ Dp Quad and a DPP44 switch.
Second floor has a 522 with 2 seperate feeds for the 2 tuners
Main floor has a 625 with 1 feed (from the DPP44 in the basement)
Basement has a 510 with one feed from the 44
Deck has a 508 with one feed from the 44
one open feed on the DPP44
All the RG6 from the dish feeds into the attic, 2 lines direct to the 522 (wires in wall) then 2 additional lines feed down a chase into the basement, where the DPP44 lives. From there, RG6 in the dropped ceiling in the basement to either the first floor or where ever it needs to go.

Finally my questions. If I add HD to my Top 250 DVR package, it would go to 1 tv (in the basement, replacing either the 508 or 510).
1- Would I need a new or additional Dish?
2- If new, how would you suggest wireing the 522 on the second floor?
3- If an additional dish were needed, could I pre-wire the coax ( how many?) up to the attic so I don't have wires outside my home ( I know that is not included in basic installation. I wired everything else and a tech just hooked up the ends last time.) All the tech would have to do is drill one hole into the soffitt and I'll feed the cable to him from inside the attic, if he'll accept my assistance.
4- Lastly, is there anything I should avoid (a certain reciever, for example)?
5- Am I correct in thinking it'll only be $10? Also, what about the receiver? Does this upgrade need a contract?

Thank you in advance for your help! I just love this site, picked up on a alot of things from the experts!

Fred

All you need is a new dish and the HD DVR. You can continue to use your existing wiring.

As it is, you could plug everything into the DPP44 and have single cable service throughout. Ordering a ViP(6|7)22 will get you an appropriate dish.

While you're at it, you might contemplate replacing one of the existing DVRs with TV2 of the ViP receiver. This would probably require some additional wiring, but you could probably get DISH to do it for you.

Thanks for the info. I could run the coax from TV2, but am concerned how well the remote would work from on the deck 100 feet to where the HD reciever would be. I think the 508 doesn't get a dvr fee. Actually, with my 250 dvr advantage package, it wouldn't matter. I was thinking of getting the single reciever HD DVR (a 612?) for the one hd tv. Good idea?

I could run the coax from TV2, but am concerned how well the remote would work from on the deck 100 feet to where the HD reciever would be.
You can actually use a splitter to put the remote antenna into the cable going to the deck!
I was thinking of getting the single reciever HD DVR (a 612?) for the one hd tv.
This may not be available to existing subscribers. The ViP612 is pointless if it isn't quite a bit lower lease entry than the ViP622.

I just had a bad experience with dish when I upgraded to HD. I did have charter for six years, didn't have one problem. Was never lied to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts