Thinking of getting some HD Channels, need a little advice.

scooter2479

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
La Plata,Mo
Ok, So I've been reading about all the new stuff going on lately. I think I want to get some HD channels. I have a 51" HD TV and still just using SD. Here is what I have now:

I have 4 TV's.
2 Hooked up to a 625 and 2 to a 322.
My Bill looks like this:

ADDITIONAL RECEIVER 5.00
DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE WITH AMERICA'S TOP 100 AND 37.99
DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN (DHPP) 5.99
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 5.98
LOCAL 0.00
PROGRAMMING ACCESS FEE 5.00
Total $64.96

I would like the VIP722 where my 625 is and put the 625 where the 322 is. Will E let me do this? If so, will I have to pay for the 722 or can I upgrade for free or something since I'm new to HD.

Also, whats the best way to go with programming. I'm not into sports or anything like that. AT100 is pretty good for what we watch. I would like a movie channel or 2. Looking to maximize my buck here. There are so many ways to go, lol. Thanks in advance.

Scott

Ok, So I've been reading about all the new stuff going on lately. I think I want to get some HD channels. I have a 51" HD TV and still just using SD. Here is what I have now:

I have 4 TV's.
2 Hooked up to a 625 and 2 to a 322.
My Bill looks like this:

ADDITIONAL RECEIVER 5.00
DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE WITH AMERICA'S TOP 100 AND 37.99
DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN (DHPP) 5.99
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 5.98
LOCAL 0.00
Total $64.96

I would like the VIP722 where my 625 is and put the 625 where the 322 is. Will E let me do this? If so, will I have to pay for the 722 or can I upgrade for free or something since I'm new to HD.

Also, whats the best way to go with programming. I'm not into sports or anything like that. AT100 is pretty good for what we watch. I would like a movie channel or 2. Looking to maximize my buck here. There are so many ways to go, lol. Thanks in advance.

Scott

Through the Dishin' It Up Program you will be able to upgrade to the 722 (if you have not upgraded in the past 12 months. You will add another DVR fee with the 722 replacing the 322.

As for other fees, you have 2 Programming Access Fees. Those are for Dual Tuners (the 625 and 322) not being connected to a phone line (I believe). If you hook a phone line to them (if possible) you will save $10 per month. You could also drop the DHPP and save $5.99 a month. If you need service in the future, you can call and add it. Then call the next day for service.

Additionally, if you switch to the DVR Advantage, you will save $3.98 per month (you will lose 1 DVR Fee), but you will also gain locals. With the DVR Advantage, the Premium Movie Channels are $10 each if you order 2 packages or more (Cinemax, and HBO would be 2. The 5 HBO channels on their own only count as 1).

The AT200 DVR cost is $49.99, but if you are happy with your current programming, then staying with the AT100 would work. As for HD, there are 2 plans that would work for you. The Dish HD Essential is $10 and would include some of your current channels in HD. The Dish HD Ultimate would add the same HD from the Essentials plus all the Voom Channels.

In summary:
Connecting to Phone Line = -$10.00
Dropping DHPP = -$5.99
Switching to DVR Advantage = -$3.98
Adding HD Essential = $10.00
Adding HD Ultimate = $20.00
Movie Packs are $10 each if you get more than 2 (Prices vary if you get only 1).

Hope that helps,
Geoff

Ya, I need to run phone lines for those recievers. It's one of those things that you know you need to get around too but never do.

As far as getting the 722, will I have to pay the 149.99?

Ya, I need to run phone lines for those recievers. It's one of those things that you know you need to get around too but never do.

I am not sure what the cost would be (there are different prices depending on other factors) so you would need to confirm it with Dish (call the regular Dish Phone Number). The don't do the mail in rebates anymore (as far as I have heard, so prices dropped to what they would have been after the rebate. However, I am not certain.

Geoff

If you have dsl, you can hook the receiver using eithernet to the router. Also, once one receiver is hooked up, you can use DishComm feature to get second receiver recognized.

Your cost on the 722 upgrade depends on what level of customer you are...A, B or C. That is usually determined on how you pay your bill...on time or late. A customers will get the upgrade for $75, B customers for $125 and C customers for $200.

Relative to receivers swaps

I was told by a linguistic CSR, that I could swap the 625 for a 622, with an instant $100.00 rebate.................Cost to me, eventually........nothing. and yes, i have been a customer for a year........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts