Thinking of going from a 622 to a Hopper - Worth doing?

They must be quoting you for Hopper w/Sling. The older Hopper 2000 is usually $50.00, just FYI.
Thanks KAB. I thought I saw in these threads someone quoting $50. Just waiting to see if someone comments that the fee is imposed regardless of owned or leased.

Thanks KAB. I thought I saw in these threads someone quoting $50. Just waiting to see if someone comments that the fee is imposed regardless of owned or leased.
If you are talking about the monthly fees, yes...you pay whether leased or owned.

If you buy one, these is no $100.00 upgrade. That's for leased tuners. With Solid Signal selling Hopper w/Sling (no Joey) for $199.00, that might be the way to go...and no contract. Depends on how many Joeys you need. More than one Joey, probably better to lease.

Just depends on what you want... Is it worth the extra upfront cost to you to avoid a contract?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

If you buy one, these is no $100.00 upgrade. That's for leased tuners. With Solid Signal selling Hopper w/Sling (no Joey) for $199.00, that might be the way to go...and no contract. Depends on how many Joeys you need. More than one Joey, probably better to lease.
Thanks KAB! So with a lease I'm out a C note which is half the price of a bought one anyway. I just dread leases at my age.;) Will check out Solid Signal. I know Dish Depot has the same price for a Hopper/Sling. I know time is of the essence right now to get locked in.

Does the Hopper require different dishes or switches than the VIP series? Or can I just plug in the Hopper to existing equipment? I was quoted $100 for the upgrade plus 4 months of the protection plan for $7/month to avoid the install fee. So, the total was $128.

Same dish but possibly different wiring. The cable from the dish connect to a node. From the node a cable then goes to each Hopper and Joey. There are different nodes based on if you have 1 or 2 Hoppers. If 2, then you need 3 cable running from the dish to the node.

Well I have ordered my Hopper/Sling from Dish Depot. Now the wait. Once I get my tracking info I will call Dish to schedule a technician. :D

Yes! The Hopper requires a node to triply-stack it's sat signal onto one cable for 3 tuners.

Yes! The Hopper requires a node to triply-stack it's sat signal onto one cable for 3 tuners.
OK so I need a solo node, correct? Right now coming into the house from my EA setup I have a single cable. That's then splits into 2 at just prior to the 622 receiver. One cable then goes to sat1 and the other to sat2 on the 622. This solo node would then just replace that splitter. Correct?

OK so I need a solo node, correct? Right now coming into the house from my EA setup I have a single cable. That's then splits into 2 at just prior to the 622 receiver. One cable then goes to sat1 and the other to sat2 on the 622. This solo node would then just replace that splitter. Correct?
Yes the two feeds from the dish will go to the node, then one line from the node to the hopper. you might need to get a terminator to put on the client side of the node, i'm not 100% sure on that one.

Yes the two feeds from the dish will go to the node, then one line from the node to the hopper. you might need to get a terminator to put on the client side of the node, i'm not 100% sure on that one.
OK, A solo node has been ordered from Solid Signal. Tracking from Dish Depot has my Hopper coming Tuesday. The node should show up that day too. Geezum Crow.... all this to avoid a stink'n 2 yr commitment! :D

Yes, you should put a terminator on the client side of the node.

Go for the Hopper. If you travel, you'll be able to access your Hopper for remote viewing. The Hopper's remote will store your settings so if it fails you can just restore them to the new receiver. It has a larger hd. If you watch a lot of prime time tv it has PTAT. Why do you want to avoid a contract unless you are planning on leaving Dish in less than 2 years or are actually living in Canada. There is no saving on monthly fees. Same costs either owned or leased.

Some of us do not like leases and prefer to own our "stuff", whether it is a car, house, computer or a Dish receiver. We actually pay something called cash...lol, no credit, loans, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)