Thinking of moving back to Dish...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Oh come on. Sony lost a class action lawsuit because they said a model of TV was 1080P when it was not. They lost another over a green tint that developed on the XBR model that they were aware of but tried to ignore. If we go down that road there may be no TV's to buy.

Samsung upconverting is just about right there with SONY now, many reputable reviews agree. This is my First Samsung TV, picture is outstanding. (has been calibrated) Side by side it's the Vizio that suffers.

Reactions: dalyew and navychop
Oh come on. Sony lost a class action lawsuit because they said a model of TV was 1080P when it was not. They lost another over a green tint that developed on the XBR model that they were aware of but tried to ignore. If we go down that road there may be no TV's to buy.

Samsung upconverting is just about right there with SONY now, many reputable reviews agree. This is my First Samsung TV, picture is outstanding. (has been calibrated) Side by side it's the Vizio that suffers.
As someone who, as part of my job 70'-early '90s, spent an Unholy amount of hours in professional color correcting suites in Chicago and New York, My Samsung plasmas barely needed a little tweaking, let alone a calibration.

Reactions: dalyew and Tampa8

Samsung and capacitors?
I was victim to it and...... once. ( "One time only" ).
The internet has numerous longevity complaints with a high number contributed
To..... " capacitors " . ( including one class action my product belonged to)

they sent their tech ( as class action stipulated )who tried to sell me a new board for their own capacitor fix.( Hmmm )

Tv ? In Less than 1.5 years old it began to act foolish.
At Under 2 years it was gone and no power up cycle completed.

=Samsung again?
No thanks.

Samsung and capacitors?

they sent their tech ( as class action stipulated )who tried to sell me a new board for their own capacitor fix.( Hmmm )

=Samsung again?
No thanks.
Do you have a link to a list of Samsung TV models that have the capacitor issues?

Samsung and capacitors?

=Samsung again?
No thanks.

My reply was not to defend Samsung or try to convince you to buy it. My point is you have chosen a problem Samsung apparently had, and make it sound like they are the only ones to ever have a problem. The brand you have chosen has had it's share of problems and they lost lawsuits. A quick search will find people who say what you are about Samsung but it is about Sony they owned at some point.

My reply was not to defend Samsung or try to convince you to buy it. My point is you have chosen a problem Samsung apparently had, and make it sound like they are the only ones to ever have a problem. The brand you have chosen has had it's share of problems and they lost lawsuits. A quick search will find people who say what you are about Samsung but it is about Sony they owned at some point.
To each his own ( preference).
Burn me once... Nada on the twice.
=More than 500$ a year for less than a 2 year TV in longevity???..
" just ain't good math ".

Thus
Now sits vizios and the 4k Sony.

Sounds like Dish's PQ has improved since I last had them 3 to 4 years ago but I do recognize that "softness" in the picture you're talking about. I do prefer a sharp, crisper picture that Direct & streaming services like Netflix & Hulu have so that could also explain my preferring Direct's picture in the past.

Still on the fence on getting Dish when I move into my new home in the coming months but your review on the PQ compared to Direct's is reassuring. I now have to convince myself that the Hopper 3 is worth dealing with the crappy customer service. However, hopefully after the initial call to order, I won't need to call in as my experience with Dish installers & DiRT has always been great.

I just returned to Dish after 2 years with Direct TV. My new bill is $50.00/month cheaper than Direct TV and I receive more channels and I also like the price guarantee for 3 years. I really like the Hopper 3 much better than the Direct TV Genie. Very fast and huge DVR recording capabilities. I have one Joey wireless and it is much faster to load, change channels, and fast forward on my DVR recordings than the Genie Mini wireless. Overall the picture quality is great and I have no second thoughts about changing to Dish. Hope this helps.

As far as the Vizios and Upconversion, not sure where the negative reviews are coming from .
But my 60 inch M series blows away the 3 Samsungs, I've owned and still own.
SD and HD hands down far better over all PQ then the Samsungs at the same price level.
Sure if I want to compare a $3000 samsung to an $800 Vizio then maybe the Samsung will win. Lol.

Sonys I agree, Looks great, and I never hear of very many out of the box toasted tvs like I hear about Samsungs.

I know of 3 Sammys DOA one was mine, my sisters, and my neighbor whom I took to Sam's Club to buy, and return.

http://www.cnet.com/topics/tvs/best-tvs/
http://www.cnet.com/topics/tvs/best-tvs/best-4k-tvs/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: bamasat
As far as the Vizios and Upconversion, not sure where the negative reviews are coming from .
But my 60 inch M series blows away the 3 Samsungs, I've owned and still own.
SD and HD hands down far better over all PQ then the Samsungs at the same price level.
Sure if I want to compare a $3000 samsung to an $800 Vizio then maybe the Samsung will win. Lol.

Sonys I agree, Looks great, and I never hear of very many out of the box toasted tvs like I hear about Samsungs.

I know of 3 Sammys DOA one was mine, my sisters, and my neighbor whom I took to Sam's Club to buy, and return.

http://www.cnet.com/topics/tvs/best-tvs/
http://www.cnet.com/topics/tvs/best-tvs/best-4k-tvs/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Samsung to me is DirecTV and monster cable.
Big noise and extreme marketing .
Nothing more.
IE : fools gold

This comparison of upconversion is of the exact two (of three) TV's I compared side by side, the 7100 and Vizio P series. (And later the M series) Their conclusion is the same as what I saw and In person is very noticeable. When by far, like what 99% of all material being watched will be upconverted it is important.
http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/p-series

"If you're willing to spend a bit more money, you can get a better TV by opting for the Samsung UN50JU7100. It has better overall picture than either Vizio TV, and in particular is better at displaying fast movement. Go for this if you don't want to make any compromises on picture quality."
Btw the cost of that 7100 was about $200 more than the Vizio P series at the time.

The Vizio in 2015 is the best they have produced, very competitive picture, but side by side watching other than 4K it just is not as good as a Sony or Samsung. I did not buy an LG this time for much of the same reasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)