Thinking of switching to DirectTV from Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jbirdbuc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
Hello,

Been a Dish subscriber for almost 5 years now and have been pleased. Several issues lately have made me want to make the switch to direct tv. Can anyone state the pros and cons of using DirectTV? I currently have 180 package with dish and a 510 dvr with second receiver. What would be the best/comparable programming packages with directtv. I will post this in the dish forum as well. Thanks to all.

jbirdbuc said:
Hello,

Been a Dish subscriber for almost 5 years now and have been pleased. Several issues lately have made me want to make the switch to direct tv. Can anyone state the pros and cons of using DirectTV? I currently have 180 package with dish and a 510 dvr with second receiver. What would be the best/comparable programming packages with directtv. I will post this in the dish forum as well. Thanks to all.

A comparable package is the Total Choice plus it has 185 channels. This package is $4.00 cheaper than the 180 package at dish. It also INCLUDES your local channels, so it will save you $9.00 a month if you have the top 180 with locals at dish. I beleive the DVR's are free right now after an INSTANT rebate, but beware in March Directv is going to lease only equiptment. So if you want to own it get it now. additional recievers $5 a month, DVR fee a month is $6, (that covers all DVR's, so if you want two DVR's you still only pay $6).

Last edited:
as an aside, I think you can still buy equipment and own it, but say bye bye to the subsidies you used to get.

Also note that unless you get OTA, the only HD locals you get are the big 4.

I would suggest calling D* and talking to them. I did and got very promising news. They will be adding my locals in HD in April where as E* doesn't have them listed in their top 50. That’s why I am switching. For me giving up TNT HD which I like alot and Voom which I don't for FOX, NBC and ABC is well worth the trade and the best part is my monthly fee will go down alot.

emu1 said:
I would suggest calling D* and talking to them. I did and got very promising news. They will be adding my locals in HD in April where as E* doesn't have them listed in their top 50. That’s why I am switching. For me giving up TNT HD which I like alot and Voom which I don't for FOX, NBC and ABC is well worth the trade and the best part is my monthly fee will go down alot.

Actually... TNTHD is coming on D* Friday the 17th of Feb. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts