Thinking of Switching to Dish

PJens25

Original poster
Oct 20, 2018
Arizona
Hey gang...
So I've been with DTV for 10 years and I'm thinking of switching. Tired of not getting PAC12 network the service has just gone downhill since ATT buyout.
So, currently I have 6 TV's. One Genie DVR, and Two HD DVR, plus 2 satellite Genies, and 1 normal HD box.
I have 2 4K TV's as well.
One very important piece to me is I use my HD DVR and normal HD box in my RV when I take it out and everything always works.
I'm not very familiar with Dish hardware, so looking for advise on types of hardware I should look at and tactics for ordering new service.
Also, can anyone confirm I will be able to use my hardware in my RV with no issues or additional charges?

Thanks!

You will need a Hopper 3 and a 4K Joey, and perhaps as many as four regular (wired or wireless) Joeys, assuming you want independent viewing on all TVs. If you want to share viewing, fewer Joeys will be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

For your RV, buy a Wally and an EHD. Pay the 40 bucks to enable the EHD and your wally becomes a stand alone DVR you can keep in your RV permanently. For the House, like Navy said, Hopper 3 (which is 4K), a 4K Joey (will cost you $50.00 one time) and the rest wired Joey 3's or wireless joeys. The Hopper system is a whole home DVR and with all 6 TV's on, you can still record up to 10 programs. 2TB HDD, the voice controlled remotes come with the receivers, plus apps like Youtube on the Hopper only, Netflix, Pandora and a bunch of others. The Hopper and Joey 3's are blazing fast, the 4K and Wireless not slow, but not as fast.

For your RV, buy a Wally and an EHD. Pay the 40 bucks to enable the EHD and your wally becomes a stand alone DVR you can keep in your RV permanently. For the House, like Navy said, Hopper 3 (which is 4K), a 4K Joey (will cost you $50.00 one time) and the rest wired Joey 3's or wireless joeys. The Hopper system is a whole home DVR and with all 6 TV's on, you can still record up to 10 programs. 2TB HDD, the voice controlled remotes come with the receivers, plus apps like Youtube on the Hopper only, Netflix, Pandora and a bunch of others. The Hopper and Joey 3's are blazing fast, the 4K and Wireless not slow, but not as fast.

Perfect!! Exactly what I needed. Thank you!!

Something HipKat didn't mention but a positive thing. That bought Wally can be turned on and off anytime. So, when you are out RVing you call Dish and turn it on and do the reverse when you get back home. That way you are not paying an outlet fee when you are home. It will save you about $7 a month. You will only be charged for the time you have it turned on, it's prorated....

Something HipKat didn't mention but a positive thing. That bought Wally can be turned on and off anytime. So, when you are out RVing you call Dish and turn it on and do the reverse when you get back home. That way you are not paying an outlet fee when you are home. It will save you about $7 a month. You will only be charged for the time you have it turned on, it's prorated....
Very cool... thanks for the info!

Reactions: HipKat