U525 on Hopper 3

J Sheridan has reported that voice commands using the 54 remote and Alexa voice commands are both working on his Hopper3 running U525. Can others that have upgraded to U525 test voice commands?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

J Sheridan has reported that voice commands using the 54 remote and Alexa voice commands are both working on his Hopper3 running U525. Can others that have upgraded to U525 test voice commands?

I don't have and didn't test Alexa. I tested the voice functions with a 54.0 remote and it works fine.

Just stumbled on this thread so I checked and have 525. Voice Remote works fine. Alexa, who has never had a good working relationship with my H3, is working better, way better than ever before.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Based on the previous responses I manually updated both of my Hopper3 receivers to U525 software. Like others I have lost the ability for either receiver to respond to voice commands from the 54 remote or Alexa commands. The 54 voice commands display on the TV but the hopper3 does not execute. The Hopper3 is connected to the internet and Dish Anywhere works with both receivers. I also reset both Hopper3 receivers but that did not fix it. I will now wait and see if it gets fixed after a while. It doesn’t make sense but perhaps it takes some time for Dish to communicate with the updated receiver.

Based on the previous responses I manually updated both of my Hopper3 receivers to U525 software. Like others I have lost the ability for either receiver to respond to voice commands from the 54 remote or Alexa commands. The 54 voice commands display on the TV but the hopper3 does not execute. The Hopper3 is connected to the internet and Dish Anywhere works with both receivers. I also reset both Hopper3 receivers but that did not fix it. I will now wait and see if it gets fixed after a while. It doesn’t make sense but perhaps it takes some time for Dish to communicate with the updated receiver.

My 54.0 remote control voice commands also no longer work on both my H3s and 4KJs with U525.

Just checked my other H3 and it got U525 first and will not work with the 54.0 remote. No Alexa set up for it. My main unit I did a "pull the plug" reboot as I always do after a FW Update and still works with the remote and Alexa. Did a PtP Reboot on the second unit and it now works with the 54.0 remote.

AND Alexa works so much better now and offers a ton of info after changing channels that I hadn't gotten before. This I am really happy about.

P.S.
A thought. Mine didn't work until the Internet connection resolved. I'm wondering if the Internet confusion that these things have and cause doens't have something to do with it?

I have done a power cord reboot. I am also able to download Dish on Demand movies at a speed of 197 Mbps. Dish Anywhere works, Dish music works, but Alexa can not connect. Also voice commands from the 54 remote show up on the screen but the Hopper3 does not react to them. My guess is that the server that Dish uses to process commands is not connecting to either of my Hopper3 receivers since I upgraded to U525.