U525 on Hopper 3

My voice remote seems to be working. One thing I noticed a program search turned up Netflix listings. Is this a new thing or have I just not done a search that had a Netflix result?

My voice remote seems to be working. One thing I noticed a program search turned up Netflix listings. Is this a new thing or have I just not done a search that had a Netflix result?
It's always been the intent for searches to include Netflix. There may even be a setting to include Netflix in Searches that you may have had off before

Reactions: charlesrshell
joewhite57 and HipKat
Yes you can turn on/off to include Netflix in searches, also Spanish. These setting are, within the search window, look at the right side of this window about half way down and you will see if these are on/off. To change these settings, within the search window, with the 5X.0 remotes use the options button and a 40.0 remote use the red button, these take you to a screen where you can toggle whether to include Netflix and/or Spanish on or off.

Reactions: pattykay and HipKat
Well, give it time. Like I said, mine didn't work last night, but it does today

HipKat, you were half correct. This afternoon (1 day later) Alexa commands and voice commands from the 54 remote both work on my Living Room Hopper3 receiver.
Unfortunately, voice commands still do not work on my Family Room Hopper3 receiver. I upgraded both to U525 at 11:33 AM on October 20th so it has been over 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

This morning both of my Hopper3 receivers are again unable to do voice commands from the 54 remote and unable to do Alexa commands. I have an internet connection of 117 Mbps on my Living Room Hopper3 and 113 Mbps on my Family Room Hopper3.
I am going to call Dish technical support to see what they say.

I just finished troubleshooting both Hopper3 receivers with Dish Advanced Technical Support. He was not able to connect to either of my Hopper3 receivers. He had me reset the network but that did not fix it. I proved to him that both Hopper3 receivers were connected to the internet by doing an internet test and demonstrating that Dish Anywhere works.
He then had me do a partial reset or both Hopper3 receivers. This also did not fix anything. He will send notes to the engineering staff detailing the problem. He thinks that I may need to wait for a software update to fix the problem.

The partial reset wiped out the OTA channels so I had to do a rescan.

Last edited:
My voice commands work fine on my 54.0 remote and hopper 3 with u525. Also working fine on my Joey 3.0's with latest u560 software. Currently have hopper 3 and 2 Joey 3.0's, each receiver has 2 remotes pairded to it. All are good to go.

Guess i'm not as lucky as some. I received my new Dish 54.0 remote today and everything works except for the voice button. I ended up calling support and they logged into my H3 and they had same issue. They said they are working on the software and could be up to two weeks. I guess i will wait it out for them to figure this out, no choice. I am using U525 software on H3.

It is now 12:30 AM and Voice commands from Alexa and my 54 Remote now work on both of my Hopper3 receivers and my Joey 2 receiver.
This reminds me of when we would make a DNS change to one of our computers at Nestle. It would take up to 6 hours for the change to replicate through all the servers on the Nestle computer network which is worldwide. When Dish made a change to the Hopper3 receiver it took time for the servers that Dish use to recognize the “new” connection. I bet that Dish is using Amazon servers to not only do the Alexa commands but also service the 54 voice remote commands.
I guess I need to learn to be more patient. All is well that ends well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)