Thinking of switching

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
Currently I have Sling TV, Netflix, OTA. Problem is, I miss a lot of my channels I used to watch, locals here OTA are problematic at best, and on demand of shows on X1. I truly miss X1. I honestly am kinda disappointed in the channel selection with Sling now, and the pq is not nearly as good. Nor the sound. Currently I am "testing" the X1, with Cinemax for 12.00, HBO included, and Showtime free for 3 months on the preferred service. Total cost taxes and all 89.35 good for 1 year. Yes, it's more expensive than 39.99 with Sling, and 8.99 with Netflix, but my local OTA reception is iffy, I don't even get all of them, and Sling will expire after May. 30 day money back guarantee for Comcast is up in may. But with Comcast, I get many more Cinemax, HBO, and Showtime channels not to mention locals that are stable, and some of the other cable channels like USA, Esquire TV, ION, MSNBC, TV Land, AHC, ID, MLB TV just to name a few. So I guess I've made my mind up, but I had really hoped Sling would work out. Andy

You might try Comcast again when they put their channels on the Roku with Cloud DVR at no charge, that way you can try Blast Plus (45 channels with locals and Broadband) at $59 or Double Play Starter ( more channels including Showtime or HBO, sports with Broadband) at $89 then no box fees.

For a fair comparison, your above prices don't say how much you pay for DSL with Sling and Netflix.

You might try Comcast again when they put their channels on the Roku with Cloud DVR at no charge, that way you can try Blast Plus (45 channels with locals and Broadband) at $59 or Double Play Starter ( more channels including Showtime or HBO, sports with Broadband) at $89 then no box fees.

For a fair comparison, your above prices don't say how much you pay for DSL with Sling and Netflix.
I pay 52.00 for Internet and home phone. All added up, 100.00....Comcast doesn't have a triple play for 100.00. It's 139.99 plus tax. I pay 100.00 taxes and all. Sorry, should have included DSL for comparison:popcorn

I pay 52.00 for Internet and home phone. All added up, 100.00....Comcast doesn't have a triple play for 100.00. It's 139.99 plus tax. I pay 100.00 taxes and all. Sorry, should have included DSL for comparison:popcorn

Starter Triple Play for new customers is $99 and if you get the X1 another $7.99 a month, then the modem is $10 ( you have to use their modem with phone service), so roughy $120 a month with everything.

Better off with the double play packages, buying your own modem and magic jack for phone ( that is what we have, $35 a year ).

Reactions: andy_horton
do whatcha gotta do but it seems odd you posted them replied with your response before anybody gave an idea.....

do whatcha gotta do but it seems odd you posted them replied with your response before anybody gave an idea.....
Found out through a notice this evening the complex is going to provide digital PREFERRED!! I'll keep Sling through the end of my current month. I think it's because people had started ignoring the no antenna rule and had been putting up small antenna's. I like Sling, but if I'm getting digital preferred through my complex there's no comparison. I'm going to order HD, Cinemax and Showtime

Find out exactly what that would include...and what add ons you would have to pay for extra

When I lived in my last apartment they gave us Directv Choice package as part of the rent with one SD box. Everything above that we paid for

Find out exactly what that would include...and what add ons you would have to pay for extra

When I lived in my last apartment they gave us Directv Choice package as part of the rent with one SD box. Everything above that we paid for
I'd have to pay for HD, and movie channels. So about the same price. :(

Super CS yesterday. I left Comcast 2 years ago, went back to D*, and now back with Comcast. I called yesterday morning to switch. Super nice rep. When we got to the point where we were setting up an install appointment, he asked when I would like it installed. I said, "I'm off on Friday, does that work?" He said sure, but I have an opening today, would you like it? Of course I did. Showed up towards the end of the window. No biggie. It was Sunday. They even said they would trade out my older Comcast modem for the newer dual band. Good thing as I have been having a lot of problems with it. I ordered a Cable card, also, since I have a TIVO Premiere w/Lifetime. He sowed up without one. He called his supervisor who went back to the shop and picked one up. They even reactivated the TIVO which I really wasn't expecting them to do. Took the TIVO forever to get all of the info downloaded and updated, but everything is working well. WIFI is stable again, and my total Triple Play bill is less than my last Directv bill alone. SO my setup currently is X1 box and TIVO premiere. I'll probably go with one of the TIVO minis as I had a lot of issues with the Comcast client/mini last time.

S~

Reactions: Rey and andy_horton
There is a newer client box now, the XiD-P which is much improved.
Glad it has improved. Do you know if they fixed the issue with DVR'd shows only playing in 2.0 when watching off of the mini? I might just go with the TIVO to avoid Comcast fees. It's going in the theater room, so it will not get as much use.

S~

Glad it has improved. Do you know if they fixed the issue with DVR'd shows only playing in 2.0 when watching off of the mini? I might just go with the TIVO to avoid Comcast fees. It's going in the theater room, so it will not get as much use.

S~

I do not know about surround output, none of mine are hooked up to a surround processor. The new one does do all the DVR functions now.

I do not know about surround output, none of mine are hooked up to a surround processor. The new one does do all the DVR functions now.
I didn't have any problems watching or scheduling with it, it just didn't output DD 5.1 when watching DVR'd material, Live programming worked fine. I worked with the top techs in Philly for a year.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts