Thinking of upgrading to Dish HD, have a couple questions...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gilmoregirlz

Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
My 18-month Dish contract expired last month, and I've been thinking of moving up to HD, since I already have an HDTV. I was thinking of getting the HD Absolute plan, but now with all the confusion about the new "Turbo" plans being introduced, I'm not sure if I should wait a while or jump now.....

This is what my current bill looks like:
DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE WITH AMERICA'S TOP 100 - 37.99
DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN (DHPP) - 5.99
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICE FEE - 5.98
LOCAL 0.00
Total $ 49.96

Up until this month, they weren't charging the 5.99 for the Home Protection Plan, but now that my contract is up they are charging for it. (so my bill used to be $43.95) I'd like my bill to stay right around this area....

So if I went with the HDAbsolute right now, what would my bill be? I'd need locals, plus a DVR. (I'd need the dvr to have HDTV for TV1, and an SD output for TV2.) Also, what would the upgrade fees be?

Thanks so much for any help....

My 18-month Dish contract expired last month, and I've been thinking of moving up to HD, since I already have an HDTV. I was thinking of getting the HD Absolute plan, but now with all the confusion about the new "Turbo" plans being introduced, I'm not sure if I should wait a while or jump now.....

This is what my current bill looks like:
DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE WITH AMERICA'S TOP 100 - 37.99
DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN (DHPP) - 5.99
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICE FEE - 5.98
LOCAL 0.00
Total $ 49.96

Up until this month, they weren't charging the 5.99 for the Home Protection Plan, but now that my contract is up they are charging for it. (so my bill used to be $43.95) I'd like my bill to stay right around this area....

So if I went with the HDAbsolute right now, what would my bill be? I'd need locals, plus a DVR. (I'd need the dvr to have HDTV for TV1, and an SD output for TV2.) Also, what would the upgrade fees be?

Thanks so much for any help....

DishHD Absolute- $29.99
Locals- $5
DVR service Fee- $5.98

Total- $40.97

If you have a Vip722 you can use it for the separete SD feed. If you don't you need an SD reciever an a $5 fee. Since you had AT100 you're probably used to not having RSN's, and you should jump now because the Turbo packages will be more expensive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)